Senior Product Manager
HBO MaxBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Product Manager - HBO Max
This Senior Product Manager position is part of WarnerMedia's Direct to Consumer team. Direct to Consumer works to develop and release applications and features to further expand and enhance HBO Max. This Senior Product Manager role is responsible for development of product line strategies and roadmaps within the content discovery domain of HBO Max video streaming service. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record of leading teams to identify unique market and consumer requirements, with experience in digital products portfolio management. A successful candidate must be a strategic thinker who has a capacity to manage a product strategy and roadmap with at least a 6 month horizon. They must be comfortable engaging with executive leadership to communicate and prioritize product line strategy effectively and must be adaptable and collaborative in a fast paced environment. The Senior Product Manager will collaborate with cross-functional team of Designers, Program Managers and Engineers to develop a product portfolio and roadmap to support Content Discovery with a focus on delivering a consumer experience to drive increased engagement and retention. They will interface and facilitate portfolio planning with business stakeholders to ensure alignment and seek input for planning purposes. They should lead with integrity, have strong organizational and analytical skills, as well as be a proven collaborator who can problem solve. Individual will function with significant autonomy. Occasional overnight travel required. This position reports directly to the Director of Product Management for HBO Streaming Services.
• Gather, document and communicate product requirements effectively to cross-functional teams and facilitate portfolio roadmap prioritization.
• Provide input on non-functional requirements, from market and forecast perspectives.
• Work with HBO business functions to elicit & document product roadmap items and gain cross-functional consensus on plans.
• Partners with Design/UX team to provide input on product line level decisions, ensuring design is optimized to meet business and consumer needs.
• Drives customer and internal stakeholder communications (including Brand, Sales, Marketing, Finance/Accounting, Legal, Customer Support) as the product line interface.
• For the product portfolio, leads across team, supervises, completes tasks associated with the following work: Customer research/validation
• Competitive analysis Business case: Identifies business value; recommends metrics and objectives based on business value at the product line level.
• Product delivery solution concept.
• Feature/function roadmap: reviews across product line, supervises team, collaborates with other senior cross-departmental team members.
• Business readiness/implementation planning.
• External launch planning/execution.
• Post-launch monitoring of product ROI, business value & customer feedback: Tracks and recommends course corrections for product line
• 5 years' experience in product management or related experience at an entertainment media company.
• Extensive experience in streaming video products on tablets, phones, PCs, and other devices.
• Experience writing extensive requirements for metadata management and ability to execute upon those requirements with development teams.
• Experience in an agile development process (Scrum, Kanban) strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services
• Ability to work cross-functionally across a large organization with many complexities.
• Must be self-motivated and accountable.
• Understanding of how to develop rapid prototypes, A/B testing, and iterative development practices
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects.
• Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs.
• Capable of being a doer and longer-term strategic thinker.
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes
• Comfortable in a small, lean team that requires you to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands