Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Data Pipeline - HBO Max
HBO MaxSeattle, WA
This was removed by the employer on 3/11/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Data Pipeline - HBO Max jobs in Seattle-WA
Search all Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Data Pipeline - HBO Max postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Data Pipeline - HBO Max? HBO Max is a multiplatform experience, where consumers can watch their favorite shows either at home or on the go. A large architecture of systems for curation, behavioral understanding and operational visibility supports the enormous content library available on HBO Max. You will lead the teams responsible for maintaining the availability, security, and stability of HBO's Data Pipeline where we make it easy to collect, process, and analyze real-time streaming data for use by analysts, data scientists and engineers to enhance and improve the overall customer experience across our products and content offerings.
We need detail-oriented and data-driven leaders who know how to build and grow organizations. You will need to be excellent at attracting new talent to your team, but also know how to grow the skills of the people on the team. You need to be able to grow leaders in your organization and lead a charter that grows as your organization grows. We run services that support the interactions of millions of concurrent viewers in a 24/7 environment, so an understanding of operational excellence is a key component of your role. You will work with cross-functional team members to develop big ideas to advance your space.
• Be a champion for data pipeline that allows a customer's behavioral data to directly impact individualized experiences in the HBO Max product.
• Continually improve and enforce code and design standards for the engineering department.
• Apply your technical acumen daily. You don't code full time but you love reading code, design docs and collaborating on software architectures.
• Collaborate with product owners, designers, sr engineers and management on the Engineering roadmap.
• Work with technical project managers to track progress and ensure goals are being met.
• Present, communicate and advocate engineering perspectives as appropriate and needed
• Collaborate in recruiting, resume review, phone screening, and interviews to bring in top-tier talent for the team.
• Monitor, review and coach individual's performance; deliver regular performance appraisals and provide disciplinary actions as appropriate.
• Support the professional goals of the engineering team members and provide coaching ( develop and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, internal development opportunities, mentoring, one-on-ones)
• Develop Team Cohesion – be able to bring people together and instill a high sense of pride in the team's accomplishments.
• Drive to results both on your team as well as with any outside dependencies.
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 10 years of relevant experience
• Minimum 5 years managing, coaching, and mentoring engineers or technical roles
• End to end experience supporting both in stream and batch processing of high scale data pipelines.
• Success in delivering and operating reliable low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google app engine, Azure, Kubernetes)
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with batch data processing using tools such as SQL, Snowflake, Hadoop
• Experience with in stream data processing using tools such as Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Flink
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
• Have led the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that interacted with multiple teams
• Have experience as a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
• Demonstrated ownership of software engineering road map and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile/Scrum processes
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.