Senior Financial Analyst
HBO MaxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/6/2021 3:41:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Financial Analyst jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Financial Analyst postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Senior Financial Analyst for the HBO General Inc.-Financial Ops department.
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) finance team in US revenues, subscribers and growth marketing. This role is a key participant in forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning, in addition to ad hoc analysis. Knowledge and understanding of the principles and theories of finance, statistics, accounting and other related disciplines to plan, design and conduct financial business analyses are critical for this role.
• Assist with the HBO Max retail subscription model (SVOD and AVOD)
• Ensure the accuracy, relevancy and integrity of all information related to subscribers, revenue and growth marketing
• Regularly prepare detailed historical and projected forecast models for HBO Max to assess financial and operating performance
• Understand the key drivers of DTC US Revenue performance and analyze and summarize the latest financial forecast for communication to leadership
• Track subscribers, revenue and growth marketing and prepare monthly, quarterly and year-to-date variance analysis for management and business leads
• Establish business relationships and assist in the review of results with the business on a monthly basis, including reviewing and advising departmental budget preparation and addressing ad hoc financial analysis requests
• Develop and improve recurring reporting processes and assist in KPI preparation and analysis; continuously look to increase efficiency through processes automation
• Help identify key trends and potential risks and opportunities
• Assess impact of key initiatives
• Collaborate with business unit teams and other finance partners to bridge actual results to plan
• BA/BS degree, preferably in Finance and/or Accounting
• Minimum 4 years of progressive Finance experience
• Financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting experience required
• Financial modeling and analysis experience required
• Proven ability to mine and manipulate data, identify and analyze trends, KPI's and business drivers
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated success of working in teams and ability to work with all levels
• Highly motivated with ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with large sets of complex data
• Working knowledge of and prior experience with standard financial applications (Hyperion Essbase or related) preferred
• Results-oriented with strong sense of urgency and excellent follow-through
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Knowledge and passion for Media/Entertainment industry a plus
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.