HBO MaxAmsterdam, NH
Full Time Job
Location: Netherlands - Amsterdam
HBO Max™ is WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer streaming platform, offering best in class quality entertainment. HBO Max features the greatest array of storytelling for all audiences from the iconic brands of HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and much more. The platform launched in the United States in May 2020 and introduced a lower priced, advertising-supported tier in June 2021. HBO Max recently began its global rollout launching in 39 markets across Latin America and the Caribbean, and HBO Max will enter Europe later this year and into next as it begins replacing the HBO-branded streaming services.
Our values and the way we work:
• We act courageously – we're bold, candid and kind, and stand up for what is right
• We focus on the future 0 we face forwards and equip ourselves to compete and succeed in the future, while learning and celebrating our heritage
• We succeed together – we create more opportunities and achieve higher performance when we are inclusive collaborate as one company
• We are agile – we're decisive, empower others, thrive within ambiguity and chance and move fast when needed
• We create connection – We inspire passion and pride in our work and make an impact
• We aim high – we set ambitious goals and hold everyone, especially ourselves, accountable for our best performance.
A little about us
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
What will you be doing?
You will be joining a team that is critical to the viewing experience of millions of users worldwide. It will be your responsibility to be a part of the SDLC from the start to finish and coach other engineers to build quality software. You will be working on the HBO Max release across the globe and you will be working mainly on greenfield projects with teams across the world.
You will build tools and infrastructure for test automation and automating test scenarios to build a live streaming service that can withstand an incredibly high amount of traffic (we currently have 37 million for instance). You are responsible for the in-depth end-to-end testing for living room devices. Your role is to ensure no matter the device and scenario people can watch their favorite content without interruption.
The devices you will be testing include: Amazon Fire tablet, Amazon Fire TV, Android mobile, Android TV, Apple iOS, Apple TV/tvOS, Browser, Chromecast, PlayStation, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, TiVo, Xbox, and many different models of Set-Top Boxes more.
What will you be doing?:
• You will lead a team, unblock individual and help your manager to progress your individuals.
• Build end-to-end testing for set-top-boxes and living room devices.
• Create software testing processes including identifying areas of focus, building and executing test plans which cover a wide range testing (functionality, usability, compatibility and regression).
• Design and implement testing strategies and processes by collaborating and supporting a QA Lead, other engineers and the product team.
• Coordinates with Feature Release teams to understand and implement the team's Automation needs.
• Supports program management teams as needed according to the schedule of releases.
• Works with manual QA to compose test plans that outline the intended automated tests for delivery to the assigned delivery teams for approval.
• Coaching teams in regards to established QA Automation processes with communication, documentation, preparation and training.
• You will conduct Test releases, find issues, identify improvements.
• Help to identify underlying issues and work cross-functionally with other teams to drive resolutions.
• Drive improvements in the QA process based on customer feedback and team needs.
• Work with engineers across different time zones.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to determine the balance between release speed and impact on the user experience.
• Strong communication skills and can clearly capture issues using bug tracking software.
• Ready to help across the team and learn new skills.
• Understanding the applications, identifying issues and getting better understanding of the applications and systems under test.
To be contributing member of this team, you will have a mix of these skills:
• Developed automated tests for set-top boxes, game consoles and other big screen platforms.
• Experience with STB tester or similar tools.
• Used market default tools like Selenium/Webdriver and Appium.
• Scripting languages such as: Unix (bash), Python, Ruby, and more
• Common software development tools such as Jenkins, GitHub, JIRA, and more
• Experience with client/server product releases/deployments of SaaS applications.
• Experience with AWS and Azure services.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia https://www.warnermediagroup.com/diversity