Product Manager I - Engagement, Ad Supported / Avod - HBO Max
HBO MaxCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Culver City, California, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Join us. Shape your story here.
The Product Manager 1 Engagement for Ad Supported will be responsible for helping to define product requirements for the ad supported environment and to drive innovation across conversion and engagement features. You will partner with stakeholders to prioritize and execute against these requirements, building and evolving an actionable product roadmap. Collaboration across other product managers, UX designers, engineering, research, and strategy will be critical to improving the product experience while prioritizing and balancing user and business needs.
• Help to manage the roadmap for conversion and engagement features across ad-supported product, both near and long-term.
• Monitor and analyze key performance indicators and make recommendations based on data to improve the product and user experience.
• Research and evaluate emerging trends in the marketplace and drive product enhancements that help to differentiate HBO Max from the competition.
• Define and document the requirements for each experience and work with internal teams to establish product release plans that set expectations for delivery of new functionalities; ensuring feasibility and adjusting when needed.
• Partner with peers in Product Experience to drive innovation; ensuring alignment of product requirements and integration into the unified roadmap.
• Facilitate work with the UX/UI teams on requirements and wireframes/design development.
• Help to communicate the experience roadmap, including specific functionality, to ensure support and understanding across internal teams.
• Understand and communicate consumer behavior for products and features.
• Utilize data-driven decision making for helping to prioritize feature backlog.
• Cultivate strong relationships among working teams.
• 1-2 years' experience in managing digital product initiatives and or related experience at an entertainment media company or tech organization.
• Knowledge of the competitive landscape including SVOD, AVOD and other OTT services.
• Experience writing requirements for digital products and features and the ability to execute upon those requirements with development teams.
• Some technical knowledge to understand how the evolving features would affect the outcome of the user experience.
• Experience working on conversion and engagement features is a plus.
• Knowledge of how to develop rapid prototypes, A/B testing, and iterative development practices is a plus.
• Experience in an agile development process (Scrum, Kanban) required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Must be self-motivated and accountable.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing; must be able to create your own direction, yet balance cross functional teams' needs and priorities.
• Ability to use critical thinking, strategy, and a consumer-driven lens to address market opportunities with creative solutions and establish a strategic product roadmap.
• Have the drive to continually enhance knowledge of systems, products, and industry.
The Ideal Candidate
• Passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology.
• Possesses an understanding of the video streaming industry as well as the ad supported space and is a champion for the consumer.
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects.
• Capable of being a doer and longer-term strategic thinker.
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
• Comfortable in a small, lean team that requires you to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.