Product Manager, Data Privacy UX
HBO MaxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Delivering first-in-class content in the best and most engaging ways possible while equipping our people to do so requires an incredible amount of talent… and technology. The technology and operations group covers things like the company's data strategy, content delivery systems, master control operations, broadcast engineering, advertising technology, and the technology platform for HBO Max, while also supporting the everyday underpinnings of our company. Join our community of extraordinary team members who are truly building the tools that will run the future of entertainment.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Sr. Product Manager, Data Strategy
As a Sr. Product Manager, UX on our Data Strategy Product Ops + UX team, you will apply your passion for excellent UX to guide, drive and measure research, design and development activities that solve real-world problems in the areas of data and privacy features for all WarnerMedia products. You have a blend of vision, organizational maturity, and a high bar for quality. You have excellent communication skills and can decipher the nuance in legal and business requirements while advocating to consider and improve problems from the user's viewpoint. The role requires strong product management discipline to discover and deliver continuously with the desire to develop simple, elegant solutions for complex data and privacy workflows through collaboration, partnership and clarity across multiple teams and functions. You should be comfortable navigating our enterprise of brand product teams to build relationships, partner with brand product managers and inspire teams to create the best possible data and privacy experiences in order to build long-term trust with our consumers and customers.
• Drive daily agile-based activity with clear sprint goals, user stories and demos
• Drive all phases of product work including planning and executing research, prototyping, development and release. Make decisions around priorities and advocate for quality user experiences.
• Work with UX Designers and Engineers to create a new data and privacy design system for the company
• Facilitate the capture and maintenance of research hypothesis and experiments that factor in user needs, legal requirements, the competitive landscape and business strategy
• Contribute to portfolio roadmaps in partnership with cross-functional team leads
• Continuously groom and maintain our backlog
• Define and track metrics that will inform product decisions
• Clearly communicate plans, learnings and results to a spectrum of audiences including executive leadership, legal, and brand product teams
• Partner with UX Designers to utilize research findings – as well as your own product intuition – to continually improve our design system, documentation and guidance for brand product teams
• Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with brand product peers to create the best user experiences that improve consumer trust and loyalty
• Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility; CSPO certification or similar desired
• 5+ years of digital product management experience
• 3+ years of experience with privacy laws preferred, but not required; familiarity with the data and privacy market and passion for improvement will be considered
• Demonstrable success working in a matrixed, collaborative environment across all levels of an organization
• Broad understanding of current media business challenges
• Ability to grasp complex concepts and systems quickly, and express them visually
• Understanding of design systems, design thinking, and web development frameworks needed
• Excellent collaboration, writing and presentation skills
• Ability to build strong partnerships across the enterprise to ensure privacy and consumer trust are always considered in product experiences
• Comfort shifting from on-the-ground privacy discussions to strategic data strategy conversations with leadership as needed
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.