Mgr Quality Assurance Engineering - HBO Max
HBO MaxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/22/2021 2:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Mgr Quality Assurance Engineering - HBO Max jobs in New York-NY
Search all Mgr Quality Assurance Engineering - HBO Max postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Mgr Quality Assurance Engineering - HBO Max? Build the future of Streaming Media with us! Like to develop features that connect and impact millions of customers? The Purchase & Identity Team provides access to HBO's flagship streaming products HBO Max, no matter how you purchase your HBO Max subscription. Our products are enjoyed by millions of customers around the world. We work closely with Product and Design to present the best customer experiences for securely authenticating with hundreds of identity providers across dozens of device platforms.
As the QA Automation leader on WarnerMedia's Purchase & Identity Team, you will be responsible for building high quality solutions that link customer accounts and credentials from subscription providers into a single federated identity. You will ensure the quality of cutting-edge authentication features across multiple device platforms, working with partners from AT&T, Apple, Google, and other industry leaders. You will own and improve features like multiple user profiles and geo-validation. By working on our team, you will make some of the world's best content accessible to millions of customers, securely and seamlessly.
We are dedicated to continuous improvement and are looking for talented people to join our team to optimize the journey from sign-in to streaming. Building reliability, performance and security into our streaming products is our mission. We are evangelists for infrastructure as code, continuous delivery, operational visibility, and strongly believe that automation is the key to delivering reliable systems. We are looking for an experienced QA Automation leader who can manage a team of manual and automation testers, ensure the quality of our releases, help craft the vision for automated testing for our software engineering team, influence our greater engineering organization, and help deliver HBO Max on global scale!
As the QA Automation manager and technical lead on HBO Max's Purchase and Identity Team, you will be core to ensuing the quality and testing automation strategy for HBO's flagship OTT streaming platform, along with the core applications and tooling that supports it. You will create robust, repeatable processes and automation to safeguard our customer experience as well as increase efficiency of our applications and team. Passion for learning, collaboration and fun is a must!
• Lead and champion best practices and uphold a culture that is committed to quality, test driven development and repeatable processes through automation and infrastructure as code, influencing not only our team, but also our client development and API engineering teams
• Develop and enforce a standard process for testing all releases that includes automation into the software build, test, and release process.
• Design and create test strategies - creating test plans and test cases for individual product releases, with an eye to validating business requirements, operational needs and real-world consumer product usage.
• Plan automation and oversee the development of automation frameworks and tooling.
• Manage a team that includes local and remote team members
• Lead a QA team working in an Agile process and continuous integration/continuous deployment process.
• Maintain exemplary knowledge of product business, functional and operational requirements in order to incorporate into test strategies, day to day testing and reporting.
• Conduct release testing, reporting individual and summarized results to Product & Technical Development team. Prioritize resources and coordinate with technical project managers to plan testing,
• Assess and communicate product/release health based upon understanding of business and consumer strategy and priorities.
• Manage multiple projects and phases of testing cycles – planning, test case development and execution simultaneously.
• Review and recommend automation tools and approaches based upon best practices and digital marketplace evolution.
• Hands on testing of applications.
• Collaborate with other world-class engineers across HBO to deliver ground-breaking content and features for the future of streaming media. Be a trusted resource whose expertise is sought after within in our team and across our QA and development engineering teams.
• 7 years of experience in managing and conducting quality assurance testing, including manual and automated testing
• Experience leading teams who are designing and developing QA automation on a variety of software platforms.
• Experience managing QA teams working in an Agile environment
• Savvy with a variety of software automation tools and frameworks. Selnium, Appium or other mobile tools a plus. Familiarity with application development concepts.
• Understanding of digital development for web, mobile and streaming platforms.
• Solid understanding of how the internet works and operates, particularly in client/server transactions with a keen knowledge of HTTP, DNS, REST, etc.
• Passionate about delivering high quality digital experiences!
• Experience working with enterprise-level digital platforms and building/testing large-scale, distributed, highly available applications.
• History of evaluating product completeness and success relative to business goals and consumer needs.
• Proven success in collaborating with both business, functional and technical resources, and able to quickly identify and manage complex issues to resolution.
• Comfortable working in an environment with a high release frequency.
• Solid experience working with bug tracking tools.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher strongly preferred.
The Nice to Haves
• Software development experience writing large, distributed applications/services in languages such as NodeJS, Python, GoLang or Java
• Experience with observability tools such as log aggregation (Splunk/ELK), time series databases (Prometheus/Graphite) and Distributed Tracing
• Experience creating SLAs, SLOs, and SLIs for web-based services
• Experience in the media/entertainment and video streaming industry.
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.