Manager, Production- Animation
HBO MaxBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2022 3:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Production- Animation jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Production- Animation postings
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, producing and developing projects both domestically and internationally. As home to the iconic animated characters from the DC, Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Looney Tunes libraries, WBA produces highly successful series, shorts, specials, and animated films - including the DC Universe Movies - for release on multiple platforms including HBO Max, Netflix, and Hulu. One of the most-honored animation studios in history, WBA has won six Academy Awards®, 40 Emmy® Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, a BAFTA Children's Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents' Choice Award, the HUMANITAS Prize, two Prism Awards and 21 Annie Awards (honoring excellence in animation).
The Manager, Production oversees the day-to-day operation of the Production Executive's office. Partners with the SR. VP of Production to handle issues, disseminate information and ensure that Production Offices are maintaining the procedures and policies set by Warner Bros. Animation.
• Sets up and maintains production delivery reports, WHV reports, and status update reports, used by internal/external clients. Serves as liaison when questions arise. Handles meetings with Producers to troubleshoot and customize reports as well.
• Acts as liaison between production executives, producers, line producers, associate producers, department heads and other production related personnel. Responds to and resolves any problems or questions relating to production ensuring the most cost-effective solutions; communicates problems to supervisor if irresolvable.
• Works closely with Producers/Line Producers on the creation and maintenance of production reports in both Smartsheets and Excel.
• Works with Production Executives on contract and deal paperwork. Serves as liaison when questions arise from legal. Tracks contracts through completion.
• Assists with the onboarding of new production employees and facilitates employee training on WB Animation procedures.
• Maintains a log of all bid sheet work including various art/asset requests, commercials, and other projects. Works with client(s) on budget creation and tracks completion of the work. Communicates with Line Producers/production to ensure work is completed.
• Supervises the internal animation department. Works closely with the supervising animation director to manage the animator resources across all projects including development pilots. Serves as liaison between the animation team and the productions.
• Creates and tracks budgets for the animation department. Works with production executives to obtain approvals. Responsible for ensuring timely and on budget delivery of all projects within the animation department.
• Creates and maintains various Smartsheets tracking logs and databases on production data/status. Creates and customizes dashboards for different production executives.
• Works with Production Executives to create custom Smartsheets dashboards that feed data to other departments. Responsible for ensuring timely updates and accuracy of data to all Smartsheets reports.
• Maintains the Production Wiki (Intranet) with new information and production process updates as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• 5+ years previous work experience in Animation production or equivalent production experience.
• Extensive knowledge of animation production process & terminology required.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Smartsheets certification required.
• College degree or equivalent preferred
• Strong knowledge of Animation workflow processes.
• Computer skills required: MS Word, Excel, Shotgrid, Smartsheets, Airtable, Monday
• In depth knowledge/experience with Excel (pivot tables, formulas) and Smartsheets
• Ability to deal effectively and professionally with all levels of production and management.
• Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. Warner Bros. Discovery requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.