Manager, Product Insights & Experimentation
HBO MaxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This job is available in 3 locations
Los Angeles, California, United States New York, New York, United States Seattle, Washington, United States
Manager, Product Insights & Experimentation - HBO Max
The Manager of Product Insights & Experimentation will help analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create a common understanding of how people are interacting with the product. The ideal candidate will also work with the product team to define and execute a meaningful test and learn agenda, comprised of both small and big loop tests that significantly grow the business. They will have experience with A/B tests, offline evaluation and simulations, and can collaboratively work with product and engineering leaders to meaningfully translate business requirements into solutions.
• Work closely with the Product Insights team under the guidance of the Sr. Product Insights lead to deliver reporting and analyses aimed at developing a deep understanding of in-app user engagement.
• Perform ad hoc analysis and build compelling presentations and propose data-driven decisions to shape retention strategies.
• Synthesize large volumes of data and complex concepts into clear accessible learnings for a broad audience
• Lead analysis and execution of experiments in the areas of customer acquisition, streaming quality, application performance, and commerce.
• Share and promote experimentation best practices.
• Effectively scale analysis from a single A/B test to standardize metric definitions, statistical tests and results visualizations.
• Partner closely with product managers, the experimentation platform team, data engineers to improve platform capabilities, drive development of new features and testing strategies.
• 5 years of hands-on experience designing and executing A/B and MV tests. Experience with Optimizely preferred.
• 3 years of experience using SQL.
• 3 years of Python or other statistical programming language.
• 2 years leadership experience (includes people management, mentoring interns, technical leadership, and project management).
• Deep understanding of statistical concepts like hypothesis testing, Bayesian decision-making, etc.
• Hands-on experience in advanced data analysis
• Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Have a demonstrated history of translating complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives and communicate opportunities and challenges to stakeholders
• Experience and aptitude to deliver high-quality solutions on short timelines
Nice to Haves
• Experience with bandit optimization, adaptive experimentation, and large-scale inference methods preferred.
• Knowledge of observational causal inference and design (regression adjustment, propensity matching) or quasi-experimental design preferred.
• Experience thinking strategically to interpret market and consumer information, preferably about a subscription service or large e-commerce business.
• Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker.
• Advanced degree in an analytical field or equivalent experience.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.