Manager, Content Analytics - HBO Max
HBO MaxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/28/2021 4:00:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Content Analytics - HBO Max jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Content Analytics - HBO Max postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Content Analytics - HBO Max?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles, United States - New York - New York, United States - Washington - Seattle
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and is scheduled to be in an additional 60 markets this year, launching in Latin America in June and followed by upgrades of HBO-branded streaming services in Europe.
As a Manager within the Content Analytics team, you will leverage your strong technical skills to develop metrics, frameworks and analytical approaches to help HBO Max develop a deeper understanding of its content portfolio. Furthermore, you will help mentor and guide analysts on the team to help provide actionable content insights to our business and creative executives across HBO Max.
You are a well-rounded engineer who has exceptional business and communication skills to influence key decision-makers across a highly matrixed organization. Ideally, you also have hands-on experience managing quantitative portfolios via analytics (hopefully of content) to discern key questions like: ''what genre is the most efficient and why'', ''what is the marginal benefit of adding 10 movies to our portfolio vs. 3 Dramas'', etc...
You will advise cross-functional partners within Growth, Strategy, and Content to ensure that business questions are being answered in a meaningful and actionable manner, while also partnering with technical teams to stand up data products that help business users leverage your insights to drive programming, content and product business strategies. We are looking for a well-rounded engineer who has exceptional business and communication skills.
• Lead the application and development of quantitative frameworks to understand our vast portfolio of content via big data
• Dive deep into available data using SQL, Python, Looker, or other data analysis tools in your vast toolbox
• Brainstorm, develop, and backtest key Content KPIs and metrics while ensuring you bring our stakeholders along for the ride
• Design and build dashboards to share key metrics with stakeholders
• Partner with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Business Leaders to rapidly experiment and deploy predictive tools and insights for HBOMax
• Foster a shared purpose among team members that enhances the capabilities of the team by building a collaborative learning environment
• Train, mentor and supervise 3-4 data analysts on the team
• Be part of a fast growing and dynamic team where no day is the same
• Bachelor's degree, MS or greater in quantitative field of study (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, etc.) from a top tier accredited institution
• 5 years of work experience querying, visualizing, and presenting insights
• Strong experience with SQL (clean, fast code is a must)
• Strong experience with BI tools such as Looker and/or Tableau
• Experience working with cloud-computing platforms such as Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, etc.
• Ability to work with multiple and disparate data sets, sources, formats, etc.
Nice to Haves
• 1 years of experience managing resources within an insights organization
• Experience in the digital media and entertainment
• Prior experience at a major technology company
• Advance degree in Statistics/Mathematics
• Experience using Python or other scripting language in data-focused fullstack environments (from data wrangling, to analysis, to visualizations)
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.