Front End Design / Development Lead - HBO Max
HBO MaxBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
As a Front End Design/Development Lead, HBO Max Growth Marketing, you will assist in driving the visual and technical success for the creative and visual execution of WarnerMedia's digital and online marketing channels. The Full Stack Design Lead will be focused on full stack design- coding and creating at the same time with the latest innovations in technology, HTML, CSS and beyond and assist the Director in managing a versatile & talented team. You will be hands-on and collaborate with innovative Product Designers, Product Managers, Sr. Designers/Designers, Project Managers, Content Strategists, and Copywriters to prototype, conceptualize and hand off for deployment of innovative digital web experiences - representing a cutting edge Growth Marketing Design team in an exciting cross-functional setting.
• Responsible for executing on creative projects with an emphasis on visual design and typography, interaction, and front-end code - actively participating in creative briefings, assisting in the development and execution of creative concepts (both independently and with the team), determining solutions/alternatives when necessary and presenting to key business stakeholders.
• Manage a small team and ensure projects - complete with designs and front end code - are ready for Director-level reviews.
• Represent full stack design in cross functional meetings with an ability to escalate and problem solve issues on behalf the team.
• Identify both creative, platform, and workflow solutions that bring the business forward in a rapid-paced test & learn environment.
• Strong understanding of digital and social platforms, as well as their use within growth marketing that will ultimately impact the big picture.
• Work on digital HBO Max campaigns using various customer communication touchpoints, including motion, animation and video and code.
• Part product design, part visual design, part front-end. You're a master of all!
• Ability to collaborate with all consumer facing touchpoints for growth marketing including but not limited to email, social, hbomax.com, experiential and in-app from both a technical and a visual point-of-view.
• Responsible for ensuring artwork is ready for review by design leadership.
• Integrate robust design skills, including layout, typography, video, motion, design patterns and copywriting into all marketing campaigns through front end execution.
• Passion for creating beautiful, pixel perfect visual designs and all the latest tech design solutions.
• Ability to strategically think across platforms, solve technical problems, mastering the constantly changing content across channels to drive successful marketing objectives and campaigns.
• Good communication skills for partnering with peers and helping the ACD, Full Stack Design achieve leadership goals.
• Support and align with growth marketing products and initiatives to ensure continuity across all platforms.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 6 years of advanced-level design and front-end, preferably in entertainment.
• Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or related Bachelor's degree and designer experience required.
• Experience managing and coaching a small team of full stack/front end designers.
• Ability to facilitate and represent the team in cross functional, matrixed organizational meetings.
• Highly skilled in visual design and typography. Motion is a plus!
• Visually stunning, cutting-edge portfolio not only showcasing a strong eye, but also strong storytelling and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong aptitude for building effective relationships in a fast-paced, constantly changing and deadline driven environment.
• Knowledgeable, understanding and experience in UI/UX design specialization, Web & App Development, Email Design & Development and SEO.
• Not hesitant to escalate issues where necessary to upper management.
• An energetic, positive and roll up your sleeve's collaborator is a must.
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• A love of television and social media, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends.
• An excitement for operations and a thirst to do more with less, to work smarter not harder.
• The ability to synthesize a lot of information to distill root cause and make informed decisions to mitigate risk.
• A robust experience with the Adobe creative suite and content management systems.
• Familiarity with After Effects - Sketch, emerging technologies, and high fidelity prototypes. Video Production & Effect Skills a plus!
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands