Frontend Video Engineer
HBO MaxAmsterdam, NH
Full Time Job
Location: Netherlands - Amsterdam
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
What does WarnerMedia Amsterdam do?
If you have been around Amsterdam for a few years you may have heard of TWC, an agency specialised in OTT App Development since 2009. Before joining the WarnerMedia family last April, this high-performing team created premium streaming services for different global brands. Now, as WarnerMedia Amsterdam, the focus is continuing the quality of work and expertise that we are known for and adding even more talent as we enter?a new?phase?of growth?to primarily be working on HBO Max for its release into new markets across the world.
With your help, our aim is to craft?the next generation of?streaming apps and having a direct impact on the consumer experience of millions of users worldwide.
What will I be doing?
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia's new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. You will be joining a fun, driven, talented, fast-paced team that will be on the ground floor for the future of digital entertainment whilst working in a scalable and resilient technical environment.
• You will be collaborating with the other Engineers to decide on the choices to be made during the development process. You will continuously deliver builds for internal and external tests in order to achieve the User Experience that is appropriate for the goals of the project.
• You will communicate with all stakeholders and have control over projects, using tools such as Jira, Slack, Teams, Git, and Scrum boards, amongst others.
• You will be able to provide clear explanations on (interim) deliverables and translate their feedback into the next sprint, together with the Project Manager and the Design Team
• You will be involved in the monitoring after the 'go-live phase'. In collaboration with areas of tech and product, offering support when necessary. Asking questions like; What are the stakeholders and the user feedback? What improvements can be learned and implemented in the next release? What new knowledge can be shared with the team and where can we make improvements?
• Committed to helping us build an awesome engineering culture across offices in different regions.
• Present new ideas for tech we can be implementing. Whether it streamline/shake-up process or perhaps something that will make your colleague's role easier or impact a user's experience.
• You will have an overview of our architecture. You will express your opinion on possible changes and improvements with overall performance and quality in focus.
To be a contributing member of this team, you will have a mix of these skills:
• Professional experience in Frontend Engineering, preferably within the digital media industry but not essential
• Strong communication skills, both spoken and written. Using English in a professional environment is important.
• Ideally a relevant university-level education, but not essential.
• Experience with WebGL and canvas technology, but
• Professional experience in video streaming technologies, AV codecs, DRM
• Worked on HTML5 (MSE/EME) video player development
Don't have an up-to-date CV? That is fine with us. Send over what you have, and we can go from there together.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging here at WarnerMedia.