Director, Retention Strategy - HBO Max
HBO MaxCity-Not-Found, CA
Full Time Job
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.?WarnerMedia's streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features?fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including?Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.?HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more?than?50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries. Find out more information?at HBOMax.com.
The Director, Retention Strategy will leverage a deep understanding of subscriber behaviors and preferences to build and evolve HBO Max's strategy for engaging and retaining subscribers. They will use data and insights to evaluate each stage of the subscriber journey, from onboarding through cancel flow, unlocking scalable opportunities to elevate the subscriber experience and extend lifetimes. Candidates for this role should be obsessed with customer data and have strong experience translating insights into a strategic roadmap that evolves as new testing insights and subscriber trends emerge.
Experience scaling a subscriber base is required; SVOD experience is a plus. Demonstrated cross functional leadership is also a key requirement.
• Leverage data and modeling to focus KPIs most predictive of subscriber retention and use to continually evaluate the health of the HBO Max subscriber base and identify priority areas for optimization
• Leverage quantitative insights and competitive analysis to develop and continually iterate on the testing roadmap for subscriber retention
• Identify and scale priority subscriber sub-segments, leaning into personalization and journey pathing
• Successfully navigate the cross functional landscape to influence partner road maps and secure buy-in for retention-focused tests and initiatives
• Lead testing and modeling to determine the optimal way to invest in subscriber retention (ex. paid media, discounting) to maximize marginal LTV
• BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Mathematics, Finance, or Economics. MBA is a plus.
• 8 years in a DTC Strategy, Marketing or Consulting role, with focus on subscriber retention.
• Extensive experience interpreting data and developing hypotheses to drive customer engagement, preferably in connection with SVOD user experience.
• Proven track record of successfully building and executing on a strategic testing roadmap; implementing key wins and evolving subsequent testing phases based on new insights
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and gain alignment across a complex, matrixed organization
• Ability to communicate a vision for retention growth to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Advanced knowledge in Excel, Powerpoint, Google Suite
• We're serious about cultivating, nurturing and growing talent
• We value accountability, fairness, hard work and curiosity
• We're fun, diverse and passionate about doing good work
• We're out-of-the-box thinkers and doers
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.