Director, Research - Hbomax
HBO MaxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and is scheduled to be in an additional 60 markets this year, launching in Latin America in June and followed by upgrades of HBO-branded streaming services in Europe.
The HBO MAX/Warner Media DTC Research team aims to be trusted partners for our unique businesses through a lens that is unbiased and unfiltered. We objectively translate consumer voices to help make strategic business objectives and decisions.
The team is looking for a Director, Research, to be a part of the HBO MAX team. The Director will implement and guide the direction of market research studies, with focus on Customer Satisfaction research. They should also be versed across research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative,) especially quantitative analyses and first party data analysis.
The Director will lead a suite of Customer Service (CSAT) tracking-based research for HBO MAX from project management, execution, data analysis and reporting.
They will need to work closely with stakeholders and Research colleagues to understand top business issues to ensure appropriate research is being conducted to provide consumer insights and surveys & findings are appropriately reflective of business issues.
• Meet with client groups to determine business issues, assess information needs and determine research priorities.
• Proactively design Customer Satisfaction studies and reporting, including quick turn-around weekly deliverables.
• Lead the research study process including timelines, analytic plans, questionnaire development and design and deliverables.
• Evaluate and summarize research results; develop insightful and actionable recommendations and present findings.
• Partner with Data Analytics to cross survey-based data with internal data sources for holistic results.
• Assist in the management of the budget including ensuring timely processing of invoices.
• Manage, develop and support assigned staff.
• Build and establish strong relationships internally & externally.
• Bachelor's Degree required. Previous entertainment or streaming video experience preferred
• Minimum of 8 years of primary consumer market research experience
• Prior experience developing and managing tracking research, particularly customer satisfaction research
• Strong knowledge of a broad range of quantitative and qualitative research techniques and methodologies
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and strategic thinking ability
• Ability to synthesize information and produce insightful and accurate analyses and recommendations
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Flexibility to adapt to changing and growing environment
• High degree of integrity and professionalism and strong commitment to quality and accuracy
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Proficiency in statistical analysis software tools (e.g. SPSS)
• Proficiency in SQL ideal
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced high-pressure environment without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail; strong project management skills are essential.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.