Director, Partnership Marketing
HBO MaxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Director of Partnership Marketing role is part of the Streaming and Interactive Team at Warner Bros. Discovery. The Director, Partnership Marketing is responsible for developing the overarching marketing strategy for HBO Max and discovery+ across three key wholesale distribution partners. The primary role of the director position is to work in collaboration with the Marketing & Distribution teams to strategically plan and execute marketing initiatives that drive subscribers, revenue, product activation and engagement across the Streaming organization. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the streaming and Pay TV landscape and understand how to use paid and earned marketing to drive measurable results.
• Oversee overarching marketing campaign strategy for 3 key distribution partners to drive HBO Max & discovery+ subscriber growth, activation, and retention.
• Set strategy to maximize wholesale partner touchpoints and extract insights to inform future campaign planning.
• Consistently optimize marketing activities to improve return on investment and cost per acquisition and activation.
• Create executive-level presentations showcasing our strategy, results, and recommendations for both internal and external audiences.
• Establish strong partnerships across Global Marketing, Partner Management and internal departments to deliver against defined goals and objectives.
• Understand the business priorities of assigned accounts and strategically align them with Warner Bros. Discovery objectives to drive mutually beneficial growth.
• Develop and maintain standardized marketing valuation processes across teams by regularly analyzing, synthesizing and presenting partner and HBO Max subscriber insights (acquisition, upgrade, engagement).
• Strategically manage and allocate a multi-million-dollar budget to maximize ROI
• Manage a team of two managers and one coordinator
, Experience & Other Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required
• Experience evaluating and optimizing toward specific subscriber lifecycle KPIs (acquisition, engagement, retention)
• Experience running direct response campaigns
• Effective communicator, presenter, influencer with a highly collaborative style
• Highly developed organizational, planning and analytical capabilities
• Management and P&L experience preferred
• 8+ years of strategic and tactical experience in subscriber acquisition, brand development, and marketing communications; preferably in Pay TV, digital media or streaming -centric businesses
• Exclusive Warner Bros. Discovery events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the Warner Bros. Discovery family of powerhouse brands
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $99,750.00 - $185,250.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.