Director, Marketing Technology
HBO MaxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles
The Director, Marketing Technology – Identity and Data Solutions plays an integral, cross-functional role within the MarTech team. You will lead an emerging team that is responsible for designing and building a customer data platform that supports audience insights, segmentation and activation to owned and paid channels. You will partner with marketing and media teams on mapping and executing an audience strategy across each phase of the acquisition and lifecycle funnel. You will evaluate data providers to enrich our first party data set that drive insights, data science modeling, precise targeting and expanded addressable reach. You will lead data sharing partnerships, using clean rooms to support measurement and attribution. You will stay updated on privacy and industry changes to educate stakeholders and future proof the MarTech stack. You will be designing these solutions to scale for US and International application.
• Serve as the audience MarTech subject matter expert within the marketing team
• Manage and provide direction and mentorship to a growing team
• Partner with marketing teams and media agencies in each stage of the funnel to understand campaign initiatives and support a data-driven, holistic audience targeting strategy. Provide guidance on proper setup of audiences in activation channels for measurement.
• Build and activate first party audiences using the MarTech stack to support omni-channel acquisition and lifecycle marketing plans.
• Manage the audience collection, onboarding and syndication flows across all activation platforms.
• Maintain and enhance the user attribute and audience taxonomy, ensuring proper organization and upkeep of our first party data.
• Identify and lead data enrichment and data partnership opportunities to drive audience insights and modeling, personalization, measurement, and targeting use cases.
• Identify and lead identity solution initiatives that evolve and future proofs the MarTech stack against consumer privacy and industry changes.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Math or related field is required
• 10 years of experience in identity and AdTech space
• 3 years of experience leading a team
• Expert knowledge in first party data collection and management, including data taxonomy design
• Expert in adtech platforms, including Customer Data Platforms (preferably Segment, mParticle), Data Management Platforms
• Experience in Onboarding, Identity Resolution and Clean Room concepts (preferably LiveRamp, Neustar, Google ADH, Infosum)
• Demonstrated ability to translate campaign targeting requirements into audiences for cross-channel activation (programmatic, social, CRM, on-channel/on-site, etc.)
• Hands-on experience working with consumer-level event and attribute data for audience segmentation, targeting and measurement.
• Knowledge of consumer privacy regulations (CCPA, GDPR, etc.) and industry changes (iOS14, cookie deprecation).
• Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain cross-functional relationships (Marketing, Media Agency, Data Engineering) as well as external vendors and suppliers.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills, particularly within large organizations.
• International experience a plus
• Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and timelines.
• Experience in Direct to Consumer business. Subscription and lifecycle marketing is a plus.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.