Director, Machine Learning Engineering - HBO Max
HBO MaxSeattle, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/10/2021 5:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Machine Learning Engineering - HBO Max jobs in Seattle-CA
Search all Director, Machine Learning Engineering - HBO Max postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Machine Learning Engineering - HBO Max?
Full Time Job
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Join us. Shape your story here.
The Director, Machine Learning Engineering will grow and lead a team of talented Machine Learning engineers (MLE) and full stack engineers to develop scalable ML systems, and AI applications for HBO Max. This role will be focused on developing and deploying large scale systems including personalization and recommender systems, search, experimentation, customer lifecycle, and content AI solutions to drive user experience and growth.
The Director will partner closely with product, engineering, content, marketing, and research stakeholders across WarnerMedia to identify ML opportunities, accelerate AI innovation, and to ensure delivery of impactful solutions for the business.
• Architect and develop robust engineering solutions that utilize machine learning algorithms to support product, engineering, content, and marketing initiatives.
• Build and lead a world-class team of machine learning and full stack engineers.
• Be a hands-on leader and mentor the team in the latest machine learning technologies and processes.
• Partner closely with business and product leadership for opportunity sizing and prioritizing product capabilities.
• Partner closely with platform and devops teams to have robust fault tolerant solutions and accelerate the learning cycle.
• Partner closely with downstream engineering teams to develop a flexible and resilient interface between ML products and downstream applications.
• Develop MLE and infrastructure roadmap and educate both internal and external stakeholders at all levels to drive resourcing and implementation.
• Provide thought leadership to enable ML/AI applications.
• Manage project priorities and ensure timely delivery.
• Develop and evangelize engineering best practices for scoping, building, validating, deploying, and monitoring ML/AI products.
• Technical education in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience (Masters degree or higher preferred).
• 8 + years of work experience in Machine Learning, AI and Data Science with a proven track record to drive innovation and business impacts
• 3+ years leading and growing high performance engineering teams.
• Familiarity with the practical aspects of machine learning is required.
• Familiarity with the following technologies and frameworks is required:
• ML Technologies: Spark, MxNet, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn
• AWS stack with a specific focus on the following solutions: EMR, Glue, Sagemaker, ECS/EKS, Lambda, CloudWatch
• Data stack: Snowflake, Grafana, SQS/Kafka/Kinesis
• Proficient in Python and OOP languages like Java
• ML model pipelines, orchestration frameworks, micro-services architecture
• Experience with Agile methodologies preferred
• Experience in deploying complex and large-scale machine learning algorithms and advanced modeling solutions
• Self-starter and self-motivated with the proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex engineering systems to non-technical audience
• Works effectively with cross functional teams to build trusted partnership
• Working experience in personalization, recommender systems particularly for consumer facing products is strongly preferred.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.