Director, Customer Engagement
HBO MaxCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Culver City, California, United States of America
Your New Role…
The Director of Customer Engagement will ensure Warner Bros. Discovery streaming services customers stay active and engaged by creating relevant, personalized and delightful customer interactions. The Director of Customer Engagement will employ a rigorous test-and-learn agenda to build and continually optimize HBO Max and discovery+ subscriber communications playbooks with the goal of increasing engagement and extending subscriber lifetimes. Candidates for this role should be obsessed with continually elevating all aspects of the subscriber lifecycle.
Leadership skills are key, both for managing and developing the high-performing Customer Engagement team as well as for establishing trust and buy-in from key cross-functional stakeholders. The ability to analyze, interpret and apply performance data is also critical.
Subscriber marketing experience is required; streaming experience is a plus.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Lead the development and optimization of the HBO Max and discovery+ subscriber engagement strategy – creating a robust learning agenda
• Build and optimize communications "pathways" for key subscriber segments across SVOD and AVOD products
• Partner with Data Science and Analytics leads to develop a deep understanding of the types of communications strategies that are most effective for engaging specific subscriber audiences
• Collaborate with Editorial, Product Marketing, and Creative Services team to craft impactful customer journeys
• Identify and test campaign tactics and technologies to increase personalization and automation within HBO Max and discovery+ subscriber communications
• Create wrap-up reports that clearly and concisely communicate campaign results, insights and actionable next steps
• Develop a high-performing team with a strong culture that balances driving achievement with professional development and personal satisfaction
• Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to streamline processes in order to increase testing velocity
• BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a relevant field. MBA is a plus.
• 8+ years in a DTC Marketing role, with focus on subscriber retention.
• Extensive experience interpreting campaign data and developing hypotheses to drive customer engagement, preferably in connection with an SVOD/AVOD user experience.
• Proven track record of successfully building and executing a strategic campaign testing roadmap; implementing key wins and evolving subsequent testing phases based on new insights.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and gain alignment across a complex, matrixed organization
• Success leading and developing a high performing team of subscriber retention marketers.
• Ability to communicate a vision for subscriber communications strategy to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Advanced knowledge in marketing automation tools such as Braze and mParticle is a plus.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $129,500.00 - $240,500.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.