Director, Brand Research
HBO MaxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/17/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Brand Research jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Brand Research postings
Full Time Job
Director, Brand Research (HBO Max)
The WarnerMedia Entertainment Research team aims to be trusted partners for our unique businesses through a lens that is unbiased and unfiltered. We objectively translate consumer voices to help make strategic business objectives and decisions. The team is looking for a Research Director for the HBO Max brand team. The HBO Max brand team acts as brand stewards - working cross functionally with business stakeholders to understand and help solve business challenges. The Research Director will work closely with members of the Research Center of Excellence (COE) to deliver insights to the business. In addition, he/she will design and implement research addressing brand, content and market strategies. This person will report to the VP of Research for HBO Max. We're looking for a strategic and critical thinker who is passionate about connecting the dots to bring a holistic perspective to the business. The ideal person is a nimble, go-getter who enjoys building relationships, collaborating with partners, answering big picture questions with research, and is a strong storyteller.
• Work cross functionally with internal/external stakeholders in a highly matrix organization to understand needs and challenges.
• The brand team works with different departments such as content development, marketing, market strategy, partnerships and product.
• Build and establish client relationships.
• Be an advisor to clients and provide thought leadership.
• Dynamically lead meetings and initiatives with senior level clients both internal and external.
• Develop data/research solutions to address business questions, identity opportunities, and inform or guide strategy.
• Partner closely with members of the COE research team on specific business needs of stakeholders to shepherd work from inception through sharing of results.
• Obtain and allocate resourcing as needed to complete learning plans and/or deliver solutions.
• Plan and direct primary and secondary research around content strategy, partnerships and market strategy (competitive landscape, white space opportunities, positioning, pricing) connecting consumer needs with product fit to inform current and future product suite.
• Oversee all stages including design, fieldwork, analysis and interpretation of research studies, both qualitative and quantitative.
• Synthesize findings across multiple research and data sources (1st party, 3rd party) to deliver insights to the business
• Manage staff including on-going training and development - providing guidance, coaching and feedback, performance management and day to day oversight of projects including directing, assigning and prioritizing work.
• Collaborate with research vendors while ensuring adherence to best practices, timelines, and deliverables.
• Some travel is required.
• 8 years of primary research experience in both qualitative and quantitative
• 3 years of experience building, managing and leading a high performing team
• Experience at a Direct-to-Consumer/SVOD/AVOD or research company working on a Direct-to-Consumer/SVOD/AVOD business.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Strong knowledge of the media industry.
• Must understand a variety of market research methodologies and their applications
• Experience executing studies using max/diff, TURF, conjoint analysis, interviews, focus groups
• Experience with conducting research on market positioning, content strategy, brand strategy and consumer journey
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Analytical problem-solving skills, including the ability to break down data/information into meaningful findings and developing recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.
• Ability to use a data-driven approach to problem solving and scaling.
• The ability to synthesize a lot of information to distill root cause and make informed decisions.
• Strong aptitude for building effective relationships in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Strong client-management skills; ability to adapt to a variety of individual styles and approaches in order to deliver the appropriate insights and support each requires
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• A passion for television shows and movies
The Nice to Haves
• Statistical knowledge and experience
• Experience with coding (SQL) and marketing analytic tools (experimentation frameworks, attribution models, measuring incrementality)
• Graduate degree
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands