Digital Marketing Manager
HBO MaxAmsterdam, US
Full Time Job
Location: Netherlands - Amsterdam
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Max® is WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer platform, offering best in class quality entertainment. HBO Max features the greatest array of storytelling for all audiences from the iconic brands of HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and much more. The streaming platform initially launched in the United States in May 2020. This year, HBO Max is scheduled to be in an additional 60 markets, launching in Latin America in June and followed by upgrades of HBO-branded streaming services in Europe.
The JobReporting to the Director of Subscriber Acquisition for EMEA, this role will be responsible for executing the D2C Subscriber acquisition strategy for HBO Europe. By driving streaming subscriptions, the team is contributing to maximizing paying subscribers and has a direct impact on HBO revenue.
Your main responsibility is driving acquisition of new subscribers to our services by focusing on the full customer journey and using a blend of analytical thinking, knowledge of the latest marketing tools combined with a strong creative sentiment.
You will directly manage all digital marketing activities, through our digital media agencies. You will work closely with the Brand Marketing, CRM & Social media teams, to build plans and align content across channels. The role is highly cross-functional and some of your main stakeholders will be the Data and Business Intelligence team to model data, analyse trends, and develop marketing solutions accordingly, as well as Product, Tech and the Content Experience teams
You will also be working closely with your manager who is the Director of Subscriber Acquisition for EMEA, where you will be supporting him with various projects and initiatives across Europe.
• Drive customer acquisition and brand consideration through digital marketing channels, always ensuring that business goals are met.
• Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies for D2C activities, utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints.
• Analyze online data and provide insights for optimization of overall marketing activities, find ways of improving customers' lifetime value, allocate budgets efficiently between channels and markets, drive improvements on registration funnels, improve content proposition and ensure the best audience strategy is always in place.
• Educate other department leads on new technologies and advocate for a data-driven approach across the different areas of the business.
• Work closely with other marketing departments such as Brand/CRO/Social Media/CRM/PR to maximize revenue by increasing sales through various projects including coordinating 360º marketing campaigns for the launch of original productions.
• Ensure that Joint Business Plans set up with main media partners such as Google and Facebook are executed in a timely manner.
• Responsible for finding the right marketing technology for the region, followed by its implementation and education of relevant stakeholders.
• Collaborate with other key non-marketing departments such as Business Intelligence/Product/Tech/Finance/Programming to explore new opportunities and adapt acquisition strategies accordingly.
• Manage and evaluate performance of all digital marketing campaigns, assess against business goals, and constantly optimize performance by working closely with our digital marketing agencies.
• Ensure successful key relationships with
• C-executives and senior stakeholders within the company
• Within the marketing team: Social, Brand Marketing, Creative Services, CRM.
• Other teams: Finance, Data and Business Intelligence, Content Experience, Product, Tech
• Main external: marketing agencies, Google and Facebook, local media partners.
• Solid experience in digital marketing, working with channels such as search, video, display programmatic, and social media.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Results-oriented, with experience working with performance marketing and direct response campaigns but also a strong understanding of upper-funnel campaigns and how they impact brand and long-term sales.
• Strong Project Management experience, with the ability to work and drive projects across departments.
• Solid leadership skills, with the ability to lead and influence internal and external stakeholders. Very strong presentation skills – experienced & confident at communicating.
• Excellence at prioritizing tasks and projects, by managing workload and requests efficiently.
• Experience in forecasting and budgeting efficiently across channels and territories.
• Strong understanding of Web Analytics as well as of measurement and digital attribution.
• Very strong presentation skills – experienced & confident at communicating
• Passionate about new technologies and online marketing trends.
• Experience in managing the relationship with digital media buying agencies and external vendors.
??????? The Nice to Haves
• Fluency in French or German will be a plus.
• Experience from a subscription business beneficial.
• Bachelor or Masters in Marketing, Economics or a quantitative discipline, or other similar training.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia.
For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.