Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics
HBO MaxBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics will be responsible for leveraging data analytics, visualization, advanced analytics and data science to help driving growth and improving acquisition and retention for our new streaming service HBO Max. You will perform advanced analytics, conducting data mining and applying statistical methods to help business understating HBO Max consumers behaviors, drive improvements to acquisition and retention marketing.
The Data Scientist will conceive analytic plans encompassing descriptive analytics, and unearth the story of the data, to help the company make informed choices that influence content, products, and our relationship with audiences. To achieve these objectives, this individual will mine data and apply statistical methods, using languages such as SQL, Python, and R. This role will work cross-functionally with data team, product team and closely with Marketing team
• Perform regression analysis on user behavior with growth and retention.
• Use uplift modeling technique to analyze data and make recommendations.
• Leverage natural experiments with existing data to quantify benefit of key attributes.
• Use Design of Experiments (DoE) method to construct optimal tests such as factorial or fractional factorial designs.
• Measure test results using statistical tests (t test, F test). Understand ANOVA and other appropriate statistics.
• Apply casual model to show cause-effect relationship between acquisition/retention and factors affecting it.
• Provide ROI analysis and make recommendations.
• Use clustering (K-means) and segmentation (CHAID, decision tree etc.) and propensity models to find segments of customers and make actional proposals.
• Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide indicated actions for executive audiences.
• Capture business requirements for data science solutions and communicate data science output and recommendations to inform business strategies.
• Present analysis to business partners and senior leadership and make recommendations.
• BA/BS in statistics, mathematics, economics, industrial engineering or other quantitative discipline.
• 2 years year of relevant industry experience.
• Understand data science models (Regression, Decision Trees, K-Means, etc.)
• Experience with large data sets and analytical tools- Proficiency in scripting languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
• Knowledge of a dashboarding language (Tableau, looker, etc.) or equivalent report building experience not required but a plus.
Nice to Haves
• Strong curiosity, leadership and business acumen.
• Non-stop interests in learning new data science techniques.
• Passionate about using data science to drive strategy and product recommendations.
• Experience in subscription-based businesses or eCommerce is a plus.
• Background with CRM is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence.
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
• A developed creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers.
• Actively engage in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills are a must.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands