Data Analyst, Product Insights
HBO MaxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles, United States - New York - New York, United States - Washington - Seattle
As a Data Analyst for the HBO MAX Product Analytics team, you will play a crucial role in delivering analyses aimed at developing a deep understanding of in-app engagement behavior and feature usage. You will work closely with stakeholders to define and deliver effective data visualizations and synthesize large volumes of data into actionable visual insights meaningful to the business.
You will collaborate closely with Core Product stakeholders to build analytical frameworks and can collaboratively work with product and engineering leaders to meaningfully translate business requirements into solutions.
You will work hand-in-hand with technical data partners to design and build a robust semantic layer to best support self-service business intelligence for product stakeholders.
• Work closely with the product analytics team under the guidance of the product insights lead to deliver business requirements, interact with product stakeholders and developers based on reporting needs.
• Collaborate with key product stakeholders to define key product reporting requirements, perform in-depth ad hoc analyses and socialize insights for the recurring monthly/quarterly business reviews.
• Develop and maintain beautifully designed product leadership and feature dashboards consumed by the HBO Max product team. Assist in generating interactive dashboards and to best support self-service BI to users.
• Build data models in Snowflake and Looker that support flexible querying and data visualization.
• Build lightweight data pipelines that transform data between staging tables and reporting tables. Synthesize large volumes of data and complex concepts into clear accessible learnings.
• Collaborate with engineering partners in creating technical requirements, database design, and reporting solutions.
• Assist in building compelling presentations that communicate clear actionable insights.
• Act as a visualization subject matter expert providing support to team members.
• Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across the company (Data Engineering, Data Technology, Product, Content, Operations) to drive our team's success.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics or similar required (masters degree is a plus)
• 3 years of relevant experience
• Delivering business intelligence and data visualization dashboard solutions
• Looker or Tableau data visualization design and development
• Analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining and staging data
• SQL expert; must be able to optimize queries and join datasets efficiently
• For Looker, must be able to configure the entire pipeline - create Views/Models/Explores
• Proven track record of performing comprehensive analyses independently
• Strong communicator, for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Detail-oriented and cares about the quality of the input data as well as how the processed data is ultimately interpreted and used
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.