Business Operations Manager - Strategic Initiatives, HBO Max
HBO MaxCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Culver City, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Business Operations team (Biz Ops) builds connective tissue across HBO Max, empowering our cross-functional partners with the structure, processes, and tools they need to do their best work. On the daily, we partner across all teams in the organization to define processes, drive efficiency, and create visibility. We are versatile, flexible, and diplomatic, proactively identifying opportunities to support our cross-functional partners by improving BAU operations and tackling new strategic initiatives in an ever-evolving environment.
HBO Max launched in May 2020.
The Business Operations Manager (Strategic Initiatives) will focus on bringing structure to uncharted, undefined territory, focusing primarily on special projects that enable the growth and scalability of HBO Max. You will identify opportunity, adeptly navigate ambiguity, build strong bridges between teams, and deliver repeatable, scalable processes that serve the evolving needs of our cross functional partners and the business as a whole.
Biz Ops' roles and scope will evolve as the business does - adaptability and a wholehearted willingness to pivot and take on whatever is needed is essential.
• Report to the Senior Manager overseeing Biz Ops' involvement in all new strategic initiatives, driving the expansion and enhancement of HBO Max
• Support our cross-functional partners and your fellow Biz Ops team members through new initiatives with clear strategic planning and execution
• Be a champion for scalable and repeatable operations and processes; consistently monitor and enhance current practices across the business, including process, tools, and communications plans
• Create and present impactful business-case storytelling for executives and stakeholders
• Confidently lead efficient, effective meetings across various levels
• Develop strong, trusted relationships with all of our cross-functional partners, securing necessary buy-in from diverse stakeholders
• 3-5 years of experience in business operations or as a management consultant; experience scaling a start-up and/or familiarity with streaming services a plus.
• Efficient executor with strategic chops: You create and implement a plan while keeping the bigger picture in mind. You enjoy digging into the weeds but are also a broad, strategic thinker.
• Concise, effective communicator: You are a master storyteller, able to bring structure to ambiguity. You have a knack for distilling complex concepts and analysis into clear recommendations and plans across all modes of communication (emails, presentations, Excel models, etc.).
• Flexible team player and leader: You are energized by rapidly-evolving environments and have the versatility to play a variety of roles to get the job done. Ideally, you have experience leading 1-2 direct reports.
• Self-motivated and accountable: You are able to lead projects autonomously, driving them from conception through to execution.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills: You default to collaboration, able to navigate highly cross-functional environments diplomatically and successfully. You lead with kindness and empathy while driving toward results.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia's new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.