Assistant Production Manager- WB Animation
HBO MaxBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, producing and developing projects both domestically and internationally. As home to the iconic animated characters from the DC, Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Looney Tunes libraries, WBA produces highly successful series, shorts, specials, and animated films - including the DC Universe Movies - for release on multiple platforms including HBO Max, Netflix, and Hulu. One of the most-honored animation studios in history, WBA has won six Academy Awards®, 40 Emmy® Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, a BAFTA Children's Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents' Choice Award, the HUMANITAS Prize, two Prism Awards and 21 Annie Awards (honoring excellence in animation).
This Role is responsible for monitoring and tracking artwork and approvals on a daily basis, and reports progress to Production Manager/Associate Producer. Organizes all pre-production artwork for shipping to overseas studios.
• Completes script and storyboard breakdowns for models, props and background designs. Allocates design work to artists and follows through to completion. Sets interdepartmental deadlines based on established production schedule for artists and works closely with them to meet quotas.
• Monitors individual artist progress and flags potential schedule issues up to PM.
• Coordinates and tracks the progress of assigned artwork and flags potential problems and delays for the Production Team. Organizes and maintains systems for monitoring production flow of assigned artwork: keeps all Shotgun data up to date and accurate.
• Color models – responsible for supplying color stylists with model packs and updating those packs immediately when changes or additions are made.
• Coordinates the preparation of pre-production materials for shipping: tracks Director and Producer and approvals.
• Preps Shotgrid workbook for design and paint shipments. Responsible for asset linking, data input, and episodic and /or departmental data management.
• Uploads all artwork to input into Shotgun database.
• Works with artists to ensure that files are named properly for Shotgrid.
• Assists in storyboard and editorial turnovers.
• Makes sure storyboard artists are working with the correct technical parameters.
• Renames Storyboard Pro files correctly for output.
• Ensures all files are properly output to editorial, and that files are correctly versioned between all turnovers.
• Assist with retake notes and shot tracking through the post process as needed.
• May assist in maintaining script and record schedules, as required by productions.
• Preps any corresponding materials as needed.
• Attends meetings as requested to take a distribute notes.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• 0-2 years previous work experience in Animation production or equivalent production experience.
• Trade school degree or certification; Bachelor's degree in related field; or equivalent work experience.
• Strong knowledge of Animation workflow processes.
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Computer skills preferred: Photoshop, Toon Boom, Adobe Acrobat, Shotgrid.
• Must have ability to adapt to changing software applications.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with production team including Producers, Directors and artists via written and verbally.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
• Must understand oral and written instruction.
• Must have the ability to organize, schedule, and delegate work effectively.
• Must be pro-active and be an effective problem solver.
• Must have ability to lead with a positive attitude and encourage collaboration.
• Ability to manage time and balance priorities amid the pressures of busy, deadline-driven production.
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. Warner Bros. Discovery requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.