Analyst, Dtc Strategy
HBO MaxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and is scheduled to be in an additional 60 markets this year, launching in Latin America in June and followed by upgrades of HBO-branded streaming services in Europe.
WarnerMedia seeks an DTC Strategy Analyst for the HBO General Inc - HBO Max Strategy, Business Development & Research department.
We are looking for an Analyst, based in New York, who will provide strategic support on various projects covering HBO Max and direct-to-consumer initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Direct-to-Consumer Strategy, this analyst will work on strategic projects for the HBO Max and the Direct-to-Consumer organization. These projects include consumer-facing strategies for HBO Max, enterprise-wide initiatives, industry trend analysis, and deliverables for senior management. This role requires a high level of collaboration with partners in various business units across WarnerMedia
• Provide analytical support on major initiatives to achieve the strategic goals of HBO Max and the Direct-to-Consumer business
• Create executive-ready presentations to summarize key findings, recommendations, and evaluations of strategic opportunities
• Develop consumer-facing strategies to drive HBO Max growth, including partnering closely with Content and Marketing teams
• Support HBO Max podcasting operations through development of long-term planning, budgeting, strategic analysis, partnerships, etc.
• Evaluate potential M&A or partnership opportunities to improve DTC operations / offerings
• Research, track, and analyze competitive trends and communicate insights to DTC management
• Maintain advanced knowledge of industry and consumer trends
• Collaborate with internal partners such as Content, Marketing, Research, Finance, Growth, Product, Technology, Ad Sales, and Distribution in support of initiatives
• Provide support for both WarnerMedia and DTC senior management, including strategy reviews, board presentations, and other management-level deliverables
• At least 2 years of work experience that includes one or a combination of the following:
• Management Consulting within the Media, Technology, or Telecom practice
• Investment Banking within the Media, Technology, or Telecom practice
• Corporate development or strategy at a media or technology company
• Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
• A keen eye for presentation design and the ability to distill complex concepts and analyses into clear, easy-to-understand presentations
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with several deliverables under tight deadlines
• Passionate about media and entertainment with a voracious appetite for industry news (e.g. on content, streaming services, linear ecosystem, advertising evolution)
• Experience interfacing and presenting to senior executives and management teams
• High level of integrity, strong work ethic, deep intellectual curiosity, and out-of-the-box thinking
• Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative DNA
• Ability to thrive and take initiative in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.