Analyst, Content Research
HBO MaxBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/15/2021 4:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Analyst, Content Research jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Analyst, Content Research postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Analyst, Content Research?
Full Time Job
We won't chase the market – we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment, and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
WarnerMedia seeks a Analyst, Content Research - HBO Max for the Research - HBO Max department. As a member of content research, you will be responsible for conducting innovative qualitative and quantitative research supporting HBO and HBO Max original content. This position is part of a team of strategic research & insights storytellers who partner closely with programming, development, strategy, and marketing stakeholders. Your storytelling skills will transform data into actionable insights to support exceptional content creation.
This position requires someone who has a strong understanding of creative and research processes and how the two intersect most efficiently. You are a self-starter, deeply curious, and exceptionally organized.
• Responsible for tracking, updating, distributing & analyzing various consumption data sets (First Party, Nielsen, Ampere, etc) for HBO Max and various competitive programs, in support of the HBO Max programming, development, and content strategy teams
• Fulfill ad-hoc requests for various internal HBO Max teams (programming, development, content strategy)
• Work with programming & development teams on various research projects (show content analysis, show maintenance/enhancement, U.S./global trends, renewal insights, etc)
• Contribute to various HBO Max show decks & presentations (including discovering insights/trends as applicable)
• Contribute to various U.S. research landscape presentations (unscripted, scripted, international, competitive)
• Ability to become expert in HBO Max (and competitive SVOD) health in terms of programming expectations, needs, strengths, challenges & opportunities
• Work with various trends vendors to uncover insights to share with key stakeholders (programming, development, content strategy)
• Be knowledgeable and updated on U.S. & global SVOD, AVOD, FAST, broadcast & cable programming trends
• Be knowledgeable and updated on U.S. & global program scheduling/windowing across SVOD, AVOD, FAST, broadcast & cable (series premieres, returns, cancellations, etc)
• Build and maintain strong relationships with internal & external colleagues and clients to ensure highest level of efficiency and communication across all teams
• A college graduate with a 4-year degree required
• 2 years in a research/ratings analytical role at streaming platform, broadcast/cable network or content studio is required
• Passion/strong interest in content, research & the business is required
• Operational direct experience with/knowledge of Nielsen ratings software is required (SVOD Content Ratings, NPower, NNTV)
• Ability to learn & teach various SVOD research software is required
• Strong knowledge of U.S. programming landscape (SVOD, AVOD, FAST, cable, broadcast) is required
• Knowledge of global trends and landscape is valued
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills are required
• Extremely detail oriented with a strong focus on accuracy is required
• Operational knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is required (including building presentations from scratch)
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia's new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.