Analyst, Content Analytics
HBO MaxRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 7/24/2021 5:41:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Analyst, Content Analytics jobs in Remote-US
Search all Analyst, Content Analytics postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Analyst, Content Analytics?
Full Time Job
The Content Analyst within the Advanced Content Analytics team will be a core part of all things content analysis & reporting for the HBO Max Content Intelligence team. This team is dedicated to providing insight to our creative executives for our existing and future content libraries, competitive content analyses and analytical solutions that help HBO Max better understand and grow its best in class television and film library and continuously improve the engagement of its customers.
You are a data analyst with strong storytelling and data engineering chops who can develop robust data solutions and socialize insights that influence tactical and strategic decision-making across HBO Max.
You will work hand-in-hand with technical data partners to design and build a robust semantic layer to best support self-service Business Intelligence for business users. Additionally, you will also work with business counterparts to generate key metrics and make them available within a Data Visualization tool, PowerPoint presentations, and other written communications. This position requires someone that can exercise their deep technical abilities, but also socialize meaningful and actionable insights to the organization.
• Build data models in Snowflake and Looker that support flexible querying and data visualization.
• Advance automation efforts in data processing & testing that help the team spend less time manipulating & validating data and more time analyzing it.
• Develop compelling data-driven stories that help HBO Max make smarter content decisions across development, scheduling, editorial, and marketing
• Spearhead data and insight sharing through presentations to key stakeholders across the organization
• Train fellow employees on best practices for BI data modelling and help others act as successful stewards of our data and tools.
• Work closely with business users to define and deliver effective analytical solutions (self-service data platforms, dashboards, excel-based analysis)
• Work closely with Data Engineering and other technology teams as needed to provide and iterate on technical data requirements, as well as putting developed data solutions into production
• Mine and analyze HBO Max and other third-party data to better understand how consumers make their entertainment choices
• Create and maintain core internal dashboards using Looker, including ongoing data validation/UAT and recommending platform enhancements
• Continuously transforming the way our business users consume data and insights through highly usable and visually stunning data products
• Bachelor's degree, MS or greater in quantitative field of study (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, etc.) or extensive work experience
• 2 years of experience in executing and managing complex analytics and data visualization projects, preferably at a media & entertainment company
• Strong expertise in analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining and staging large amounts of data within a cloud data warehouse (Redshift, Snowflake, etc.)
• Demonstrable skills building high-quality and responsive data visualizations in a fast-paced environment using an industry-standard data viz tool (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills to craft data-driven narratives
• Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects
• Experience presenting to senior executives is a plus
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.