Senior Post Producer
Hayden5Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As a Hayden5 Sr. Post Producer you report to our Director of Post Production and work alongside staff producers, post producers, and freelance editors and other post contractors. This is a very hands-on position, responsible for overseeing Post Production projects from the bidding phase all the way though final delivery - including project schedules, budgets and expenses, contracting freelancers, liaising on cut reviews and feedback, and taking point on all client communications related to the edit including creative, budget and timelines.
Senior Post Producers are highly resourceful and very organized. An ideal candidate is a great multitasker, thinks two steps ahead, knows all the details of any given project they manage and keeps calm under pressure.
Candidates should be well-versed in all post production workflows including offline edit, motion graphics/vfx, sound and color finishing, and various delivery specs, especially when it comes to short-form, quick-turnaround digital and commercial content. They also should have several years of experience personally building post calendars for multiple deliverables, tracking budget and project spend, gathering and parsing through creative feedback, and working closely with editors, vfx and motion graphics artists, and sound mixers and colorists.
- Oversee and manage 10+ different projects at any given time.
- Act as the main point of contact for clients throughout the project on: cut reviews, creative, project scope/budget, graphics, status updates, delivery of assets and managing feedback.
- Help creatively support editors and designers on large and complicated edits, parsing through client feedback and offering creative solutions
- Support the Director of Post on reviewing post estimates and bids.
- Support the Director of Post on recruiting in editors and reviewing portfolios.
- Partners with edit staff and freelancers to ensure clients notes are being addressed.
- Work with the Director of Post Production to determine editorial staffing needs.
- Run all stages of video post production from creative to final delivery.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors and industry contacts.
- 7+ years professional experience in video production, with at least 4+ years as a Post Supervisor, Post Producer, or Post Manager
- 5+ years of direct client management experience.
- Full-time experience at a full-service production company, ad agency, or digital post house across a variety of short-to-mid form, high-volume, one-off projects.
- Thorough understanding of digital video codecs and media delivery specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Must be adept at problem solving and thinking quickly on his/her feet.
- Strong sense of urgency with sensitivity to time pressures and multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite and editing experience is a plus.
Role can be based in either LA or NYC.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online