Jr. Production Accountant
Happy PlaceLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/29/2021 8:26:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Jr. Production Accountant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Jr. Production Accountant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Jr. Production Accountant? We are looking for an experienced Junior Production Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. This part time position will help to maintain order and transparency for our company's finances. We're a casual and fun creative production company and are looking for someone with tv/film/commercial production accounting experience. Must be able to work independently and has great communication skills. Attention to detail, scheduling skills, and high workflow efficiency are a must. Details:
- Part time position
- 20 - 25 hours per week Overview:
- As a Junior Production Accountant your role combines aspects from financial accounting as well as from managerial accounting and booking.
- We are looking for a reliable Junior Production Accountant to assist in following all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
- An effective Junior Production Accountant has good knowledge of accounting principles and exceptional bookkeeping skills. You must be organized professionals with a great eye for detail. You must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
- The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to a financial controller. Job Duties
- Performing day to day bookkeeping in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles
- Assisting Controller in monthly closing
- Assisting in payroll oversight for jobs booked
- Actualizing budgets for internal and external audits
- Reconciling budgets for monthly or annual closing
- Audit support for accountants/business managers
- Assisting with budgeting
- Controlling invoice payments and accounts payable
- Supporting most aspects of accounting management
- Assisting in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Review the company's accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, equivalent and/OR 3 +/or years of proven experience in bookkeeping and preparing financial statements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels throughout the company
- Ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and intensive deadlines
- Well organized and ability to prioritize work under pressure
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word Skills
- Experience with HotBudget
- Production Experience This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.