Business Affairs Executive
H2L Media GroupBeverly Hills, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Business Affairs Executive jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Business Affairs Executive postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business Affairs Executive? A busy film and TV production company seeks a Business Affairs/Business Development executive to handle a variety of business and legal matters related to our company and slate of projects. The executive will work on many facets of business and legal affairs support, including drafting various agreements (e.g., certificates of engagement, writer agreements, script options, film and television financing agreements, international co-productions, among others). This is an opportunity to work with experienced development and production executives and join a young, growing company.
• Draft and negotiate film co-financing, acquisition and/or distribution agreements and related documentation with other studios, financiers, streamers and business partners. Advise on existing business relationships, rights issues and other questions of contract interpretation.
• Work closely with the development executives on a wide range of projects and deals.
• Manage relationships with agents, lawyers and studio executives throughout entertainment industry
• Research, summarize, and advise on various legal issues that arise during development and production
• Address concerns and propose solutions arising from contractual and other restrictions while balancing legal considerations with business objectives.
• Analyze and assess potential risks and propose recommended courses of action.
• At least 2+ years of business and legal affairs experience at a law firm, production company, studio, or network;
• Flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned;
• High level of organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google Suite;
• Ability to work independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with financial statements and film accounting
• Knowledge of the evolving film, tv, digital and international media landscape
Please note this position will be in an office. We are following all COVID 19 stay at home orders and precautions, but we are a very small company (<10 in the office at any one time) that is able to maintain social distancing in our office space so we have resumed in person work.