H+M CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
H+M Communications, one of the most awarded boutique PR firms in the country, is looking for an experienced Senior Publicist to join its growing lifestyle and entertainment practice in New York. You will be managing day-to-day activities for a variety of consumer and corporate clients in the lifestyle and entertainment industries.
H+M's expertise spans media and community relations, publicity, events, media planning/buying, grassroots and experiential marketing, content creation and syndication, creative, digital and social media, sponsorship development and activation, and corporate/crisis communications. Clients include: Zumba Fitness, STRONG by Zumba, Comcast Corporation, Sony Pictures Television, Combate Americas, and Universal Pictures, among others.
This is an opportunity for a smart, creative and motivated candidate to take on a critical role within a small but dynamic team of communications professionals.
- Serve as day-to-day contact for clients managing tactical execution and supporting the Account Director or VP on strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and execute programs based on public relations/media relations, event activations, content marketing, etc.
- Project management including, but not limited to, campaign execution, media relations, budgeting, and a solid understanding reporting techniques (including circulation, ad equivalency, and PR value)
- Create high-impact media exposure consistently in both consumer and business/trade media outlets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with consumer, business and trade journalists to proactively place stories around clients' RTP, executives, thought and category leadership, new products/launches, etc.
- Positively position clients and their executives among key stakeholder groups, including trade, client and business audiences.
- Write and edit materials including plans, press and promotional materials, pitches, bios, Q&A's, speeches, client correspondence and reports.
- Exhibit strong communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and others.
- Support new business proposal development and presentations when appropriate.
- Maintain relationships with entertainment journalists, producers, talent bookers, on-air talent, and editors for national top tier outlets.
- Have comprehensive knowledge and ability to understand editorial calendars, identify relevant opportunities for clients and schedule pitches accordingly.
- Develop creative and press worthy programs and ideas for clients, be a trend setter, stay on top of the news and always be relevant (across campaigns and pitch angles).
- 4+ years of experience in public relations, with a deep background in both consumer and corporate media relations.
- Excellent client relationship skills and experience working with high touch clients.
- Ability to conceptualize and bring to life creative solutions to complex problems.
- Must have strong top-tier business, trade and national media relationships, and experience building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships.
- Must be a team player, builder and leader.
- Must have exceptional writing skills.
- Understanding of social/digital strategy for brands.
- Agency experienced required.
Note: Salary - Commensurate with experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online