Operations Maintenance Manager
Greek TheatreLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Immediate opening for an Operations Manager at The SMG Managed, Greek Theatre. The Operations Manager is responsible for the daily activities required to run, maintain and service the facility maintenance of the 5900-seat outdoor Amphitheatre by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the scheduling of all aspects of facility maintenance operations for the Theatre and Events
• Manage facility engineering, facility housekeeping, and operation department event staffing
Responsible to meet work orders for all groups and special event facility set- ups and changeovers. Oversee and participate in all aspects of the conversion process for events. Duties may include setting-up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment
Develop and implement preventive maintenance schedules, emergency procedures, safety and risk management policies in compliance with all corporate and governmental regulations
Monitor repair activity to minimize downtime and inconvenience to facility event activity.
Ensure all equipment is maintained according to factory specifications and that work meets or exceeds industry standards.
• Responsible for inspections of all SMG and City of Los Angeles fire and life safety equipment and facility ADA compliance
• Conduct frequent building inspections and note deficiencies and develop necessary action plan for remediation
• Review event documents for operational issues. Identify potential issues and recommend solutions.
• Prepare work schedules, set staffing requirements and review quantity and quality of work performed. Schedule part-time employees and subcontracted service providers (housekeeping, part-time set-up labor, etc).
• Work with the Director of Event Services to develop operating procedures that conform to corporate standards, customized to the specific needs of the facility and consistent with the goals and objectives of the client, facility and corporation
• Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget and coordinate the five-year annual capital expenditure budget for long-range repairs and improvements to the facility
• Authorize the requisition of equipment and supplies within the budget guidelines
• Know and guarantee all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures as followed. Serve as Operations designee to the SMG Safety program to train all employees on fire/life safety and emergency procedures
• Investigate, analyze and resolve operational problems and complaints
• Maintain an effective working relationship with vendor clients, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment
• Must be able to work in a team environment cooperatively with others
• Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, and other related materials
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively in both oral and written form
• Organize and prioritize your and the Operations Department work team to meet deadlines.
• Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent work and event schedules and produce accurate results
• Ability to open and close the facility during operational hours scheduled
• Ability to work extended work hours, weekends and evenings
• Operate a personal computer using MS-DOS, Windows, Word, Excel and/or Lotus 1-2-3, and Access or other standard office equipment
• Possess any licenses; certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility, in particular electrical, plumbing and heating and air conditioning
• Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur
• Must always exhibit excellent customer service and management leadership demeanor and actions
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree from technical college with major in Hospitality, Management or Maintenance Engineering
Minimum of 8 years' experience in supervising or managing in a similar facility
Additional experience may be substituted for education
Supervisory experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and/or walk extensively; occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online