VP/Senior Director, Business & Legal Affairs
GRB Entertainment, IncSherman Oaks, CA
Part Time Job
Title: Vice President/Senior Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Position Summary: GRB Studios, a leading, Emmy?-award winning producer and distributor of multi-media content for over 30 years, is looking for an experienced attorney to handle its Business & Legal Affairs. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing legal matters for the company, including business affairs and legal work with respect to domestic television development and production, content acquisition, international distribution and general corporate and human resources. The incumbent must be able to manage the company's overall risk, advise senior executives and supervise the Business & Legal Affairs activities.
This is a part-time position that carries full Company benefits.
• Manage business affairs and legal matters with respect to GRB's development slate, productions, content acquisitions, international content licenses and general corporate and HR.
• Negotiate and draft agreements with networks, producers, talent, rightsholders, distributors and licensees, including shopping, option, production services, license, rights acquisition, co-production, finance and talent services agreements.
• Act as the production attorney on GRB productions, including drafting releases, advising on legal issues on productions as they arise, training production staff with respect to safety and other legal-related issues and devising policies with respect to risk mitigation on productions, including participant vetting protocols. Review cuts of all GRB productions prior to network delivery for clearance and compliance and provide notes thereon. Coordinate with network attorneys and production staff as appropriate, and act as GRB's legal point of contact for networks and production staff.
• Advise GRB senior executives and other employees on issues relating to deal structuring, risk and risk mitigation strategy and corporate policy.
• Devise and implement policies for managing the workload of the Business & Legal Affairs department, to ensure efficiency and information transparency.
• Manage GRB's intellectual property portfolio and corporate entities and ensure that all registrations are maintained, and corporate formalities are met.
• Supervise outside counsel.
GRB Studios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online