GrandviewLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Literary Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
The Assistant will provide administrative support to a Founding Partner and Literary/Talent Manager at Grandview. The Assistant will work closely with various departments and is heavily involved in sourcing opportunities for clients (writers, directors, talent.), as well as helping/assisting on certain day to day activities around running the company. This is a terrific opportunity for someone looking for a career in the representation business.
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Reports to: Literary / Talent Manager, Founding Partner
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Location: Los Angeles (Hybrid - in office at least 3 days per week)
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Managing and rolling a high volume of phone calls.
• Scheduling and calendar management.
• Build itineraries for business trips, set visits and more.
• Manage booking reports.
• Prepare and submit expense reports.
• Manage submissions.
• Interface with high-profile clients, producers, and executives.
• Liaise between partners, agents, and peers.
• Read, summarize, and analyze books and screenplays and provide coverage.
• Maintain a database of contact information for directors, writers, and talent.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Possesses a genuine passion for the representation business in movies, television, and storytelling.
• Must be an avid reader and read materials quickly and provide a clear synopsis of the material.
• Ability to exercise discretion.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated a proactive disposition, resourcefulness, and a strong work ethic.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
• Proficient with Zoom meetings and presentations.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in film, television, media studies, or related field, required.
• At least 1 year of assistant experience in an agency or management company required.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.