Intern - Sales & Marketing
Grand Rapids DriveGrand Rapids, MI
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Grand Rapids Drive, direct affiliate of the Detroit Pistons, is seeking a sales and marketing intern for the 2018-2019 season. This is an unpaid internship but can be used as college credit if approved by the individual's College/University. The selected intern(s) will work directly with our Sales & Marketing team with various summer projects including but not limited to: generating new sales leads, cold calling prospects, attending networking events, and working off-site community events.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Sales and Marketing department with the planning and execution of community events throughout the season
• Conduct research on specific group and season ticket sales programs
• Cold call prospects and close sales deals
• Responsible for data entry of sales leads in our internal database
• Work closely with the Group Sales department to produce group programs and timelines
• Work closely with the Marketing department to establish season-long campaigns and promotions
• Perform daily administrative tasks
• Work all game nights during season
• 10-15 intern hours available each week
• Internship timeline – September 2018 – March 2019
• Will give students a great first-hand experience from the world of sports
• Must be currently enrolled in a college or university with a Sports Business (or similar degree) preferred
• Must be currently living or have pre-arranged accommodations in or near the Grand Rapids area
• Flexible schedule with availability to work some nights and weekends
• Must have reliable transportation
• Motivated to grow and develop professionally
• Honest, timely and capable of working with the public
• Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
• Proven written, oral, and presentation skills
***Please note this is an unpaid internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?