Business Affairs Assistant
Gorfaine / Schwartz AgencyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
A Music Talent Agency, located in Burbank, representing renowned music composers in the Film/TV/Interactive Media industry is seeking an enthusiastic Business Affairs Assistant with keen interest in contract administration to join and support our team. We seek candidates with excellent administrative skills and experience working with contracts, preferably in an entertainment environment. Candidates should have exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to communicate with clients and business associates with intelligence and discretion. Our agency works with leading entertainment production companies to connect our clients with composing opportunities for projects with worldwide audiences. As Business Affairs Assistant, you will fulfill an integral role in our 3-member Business Affairs department, reporting directly to the head of the department.
• Provide administrative support for Business Affairs Team, with specific duties including, but not limited to, data entry, organization, file management, and distribution of agreements
• Liaison between BA Department and other internal departments as well as clients, studios, production companies, attorneys, etc.
• Handle requisite administrative functions (filing, scanning, copying etc.)
• Other duties as assigned to support the department
• Report to Director of Business Affairs
Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to work independently and to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision while adhering to deadlines
• Able to interpret and follow policies and procedures established by the organization and the Director of Business Affairs
• Excellent attention to detail and superior skills relating to multitasking, time management, organization, critical thinking and problem-solving, with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment
• Computer proficiency working with MS Windows using: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Collaborative team player and willingness to tackle matters outside of areas of expertise
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
• Proven ability to respond to client and company needs with professionalism and patience
• Basic understanding of contracts with a keen eye for accuracy and efficiency
• Genuine interest in the industry and type of work
BA/BS Degree preferred, and 3- 5 years relevant experience required; helpful backgrounds include contract administration at record label, music publisher, talent agency or legal firms
Hours are Monday-Friday 9:30am-6:30pm
Pay is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including vacation, holiday, health, dental, vision and accrued time off. Fun perks.
Please include cover letter with your resume, no calls or walk-ins will be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK INS!!!! Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online