Director, Event Services
Golden State WarriorsSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/16/2021 11:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Director, Event Services jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Director, Event Services postings
Full Time Job
About the Position
The Golden State Warriors and Chase Center are looking for a Director, Event Services. In this role, you will collaborate with an extensive group, including Chase Center security, facility operations, GSW sales and business leaders, front-line employees and millions of Chase Center event attendees. You will have oversight of event-related operations and lead the coordination tour/event producer needs while playing an instrumental role in labor management for both union and non-union workforces. This position reports to the Vice President, Event Services.
Come share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
• Lead internal and external client tenant relationships, address issues, and resolve problems to provide a flawless promoter and artist experience
• Develop accurate event estimates, bids and event settlements and craft individual event budgets with our Finance team
• Manage back of house event related operations, including planning and execution of a wide variety of sports and entertainment events for Chase Center and the surrounding complex
• Schedule and manage production-related stagehand labor on assigned shows
• Run day of show tasks such as supervise chair set, show truck parking, assist in SFFD event inspections and permit applications and backstage promoter needs
• Lead external venue use (show catering, production equipment rental, décor, etc.)
• Partner with Time & Attendance Coordinator to ensure that all show related stagehand labor is scheduled to enhance operating efficiencies
• Work with Programming, Box Office, and the show promoter to develop on-sale CAD drawings
• Provide support to Event Managers and Coordinators as needed for all events
• Support hiring of new staff, arbitration and dispute resolutions consistently executing standard operating policies and procedures
• Communicate event information to external partners including site retail and office building management, city and local community groups as well as liaise with the fire department regarding pyrotechnics, floor configurations, and temporary event requirements
• Assist in maintaining event programs, policies, procedures and collateral to provide the highest level of client service
• Conduct routine industry operational reviews; recommend modifications to event services programs, policies, and procedures as deemed appropriate
• Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration or Hospitality, or equivalent experience
• 7 years of event management experience, preferably in a multipurpose arena, with 5 years directing staff across a wide-range of front of house and back of house operating functions, preferably in a union environment
• General understanding of other areas of live entertainment venue management, including security, retail operations, building operations, production, building engineering, parking and food & beverage operations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient in CAD
• Ability to build positive working relationships with clients and peers at all levels within the organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication, service and resolution skills
• Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
• Knowledge and passion for professional basketball and live entertainment
• Ability to work nights, weekend and holidays, and be on-call 24/7
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment