Basketball Operations Intern
Golden State WarriorsSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/3/2021 11:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Basketball Operations Intern jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Basketball Operations Intern postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for two upbeat and hardworking interns to join our Basketball Operations (BBOPS) department. The goal of this program is to expose underrepresented college students to career paths within the National Basketball Association's basketball operations department.
In this role, you will work in an inclusive and representative space that encourages you to step outside of your comfort zone while learning first hand from BBOPS staff (Front Office, Coaching, Performance, etc.) that have been built successful careers in the NBA. Additionally, you will be assigned projects and tasks that all you to experience the daily operations of our department.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a part-time position located in San Francisco, CA. Interns will work onsite at Chase Center on Thursdays and Fridays throughout February and March of 2022.
Program Period: February 3, 2022 - March 31, 2022 (9 weeks)
Pay Rate: San Francisco Minimum Wage - $16.32/hr
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
• Organize and log scouting reports submitted by Front Office scouts
• Organize LOAD data from the performance staff and gain an understanding of how this data impacts workout and practice organization
• Gain experience with Sportscode and assist video coordinators with basic film tasks
• Complete Administrative projects that assist with the day-to-day operations of different departments within Basketball Operations
• Present a cumulative project at the end of the internship
Required Experience & Skills
• 18 years of age
• Currently enrolled in a community college or university
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication, customer service and resolution skills
• Ability to build positive relationships with clients and peers at all levels within the organization
• Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
• High energy, strong detail orientation and superior work ethic
• Passion for basketball; understanding of rules and regulations and the NBA
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment