gnet agencyLos Angeles, CA
gnet is an award-winning hybrid creative content agency with deep expertise in the video game and entertainment industries. We work with our clients to craft integrated brand strategies and execute content that drives engagement, sales, and brand loyalty. Our work is artistic and conceptual, integrated with technology and great storytelling.
The Finishing Editor role is part-time/freelance and will work with the finishing team to conform/online final picture and audio to the locked/offline sequences.
- Perform check of final received picture, audio, and graphics to certify frame accuracy and quality as well as ensuring there are no further anomalies that could present an issue to the integrity of the asset.
- Run final reviews for members of production, finishing team, and sometimes client
- Output masters to Post-Ops Assistant for encode and QC
Qualifications / Skills:
- 3-4 years of experience as an assistant editor at a VFX/Post-House/Color House or 1-2 years of experience as a Finishing Editor
- Track record of conforming a high-volume of deliveries for broadcast, web, and social platforms.
- Highly efficient in high-volume delivery scenarios
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Premiere; Proficient knowledge in DaVinci Resolve is a plus but not required.
- Sharp attention to detail in QC and ability to spot anomalies and typos.
- Experience with building sequences with 5.1 surround sound
- Experience with broadcast delivery standards
- Understanding of file-based HD workflows between editorial and color/Resolve, editorial and AE, editorial and ProTools, 3D workflows etc.
- Familiarity with professional and compression codecs a must.
- Technical knowledge of digital video codecs and encoding software
- Ability to convert media to correct frame rates.
- Ability to problem solve in pressure situations.
- A general interest in gaming and pop culture is a plus
Commensurate with experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online