VP, Corporate Counsel
Global EagleLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Legal & Compliance Department is seeking a VP, Corporate Counsel to lead the Corporate Legal function, provide strategic corporate advice to the General Counsel and Executive Leadership Team and become a key part of a larger 10+ member Legal & Compliance Department.
- Assist the General Counsel with SEC/securities, M&A, capital markets and corporate governance matters and provide practical, timely advice to senior management and members of the Board
- Lead all ''corporate'' legal matters for the three-person Corporate Legal team and the global business, including advising and negotiating on any corporate transactional matters, including M&A, debt and equity financings, divestitures and joint ventures, corporate procurement, IT, marketing and other vendor agreements, employment agreements, equity award agreements and NDAs
- Assist the General Counsel and lead the Corporate Legal team with the orchestration and execution of the company's quarterly Board of Directors and Committee meetings, including the development of all memoranda, resolutions and other governance materials
- Assist the Company's Investor Relations department with investor relations and stockholder engagement matters, press releases and investor materials
- Serve as Corporate Legal liaison for the Company's shared-services functions globally, including for HR/employment, IT, marketing, investor relations, compliance, tax and finance matters
- Assist the General Counsel with advising senior management on executive compensation and Company equity strategy, and assist with the Company's stock-plan administration and securities-trading programs
- Assist with litigation management
- Assist with the Company's global subsidiaries maintenance and corporate-entity structure
- Assist with legal issues relating to the Company's real-estate portfolio
- Assist the General Counsel and the Head of Legal Operations and Insurance with outside counsel and budget management
- Participates in the development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides counsel and guidance on the legal implications of all matters
- 8-12 years of securities, M&A, capital markets, corporate governance and/or general corporate experience
- Additional experience with executive compensation, HR/employment and/or litigation preferred
- Combination of major law firm training and experience at a publicly traded company preferred
- Experience working with an executive team and a board of directors
- Experience managing other attorneys and support staff
- Ability to lead transactions, negotiations and projects, and to draft from scratch
- Familiarity and understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and federal finance and accounting regulations
- Exposure to or familiarity with the following additional areas: labor/employment, executive compensation/structures, IP, commercial agreements and litigation
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies:
- Proven dedication to teamwork, collaboration, leadership and integrity in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Practical and business-minded with a positive, enthusiastic, ''can-do'' attitude
- Energized by opportunity to dive-in, check ego at the door and pitch-in however necessary to help the team, Company and our customers succeed
- Excellent organization skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to balance competing priorities to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Polished, efficient professional with strong multi-tasking abilities and proven skill wearing multiple hats
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online