Global EagleLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Corporate General Ledger Team. This role will be responsible for several key areas of our monthly close, and will lead the preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, and support the preparation of the consolidated financial statements. This role will report to the Director of Accounting.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Areas of emphasis include- Cash, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, internally developed software, professional services accruals, and intercompany eliminations
- Support the completion of the quarterly reviews and the year-end audit, including performing all monthly close procedures in accordance with SOX requirements
- Perform variance analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis for key P&L accounts
- Support the preparation of key footnote disclosures for 10-K and 10-Q filings
- Lead ad hoc projects to enhance Oracle ERP processes and reporting
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, and a strong overall knowledge of US GAAP
- 3+ years of total experience within public accounting (Big 4 preferred) or with a large publically traded company
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills
- CPA candidate a plus
- Previous experience with Oracle a plus
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online