Manager, Accounts Payable
Global EagleLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Manager, Accounts Payable is responsible for managing the company accounts payable process and function in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position directs and oversees the daily management of the accounts payable staff and processes associated with the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, processing of purchase orders, receiving, invoices and payment of invoices, and communication with buyers. This position ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to as they pertain to accounts payable.
• Manage Staff to ensure completion of accurate and timely Accounts Payable processes, provides guidance on moderate to complex issues with effective resolution
• Ensures all members of the team provide a consistently high level of service and quality performance
• Mentors, coaches, and develops employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; builds morale and motivation.
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation, purchase orders, and approval prior to payment
• Responsible for developing improvement and strategic plans for areas of responsibilities. Develops and implements strategic guidelines, procedures and processes.
• Identifies improvements for systems, workflow and procedures. Drives and implements changes with cross functional teams.
• Develops and maintains relationships with Suppliers and other Company departments to ensure positive interactions, resolutions, and outcomes of inquiries timely. Works in collaboration with other departments to make identified changes to improve processes.
• Establishes department goals and monitors key metrics, analysis and reporting.
• Responsible to audit and maintain a healthy and accurate AP Aging
• Responsible to audit and maintain accurate and up to date Supplier Master data in Oracle
• Supports Travel and Expense (T&E) controls and governance with auditing employee expense reports and processing reimbursements
• Ensures that the appropriate internal controls and SOX compliance are maintained in all aspects of Accounts Payable
• Lead continuous improvement, including: processes, systems, and outside support targeted to improve department efficiencies thus reducing risk and cutting costs.
• Manages activities to ensure systems and controls are in place as outlined in policy and procedure manuals.
• Reviews and generates weekly reporting for management on Payable Status
• Ensures Team meet established daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
• Resolves escalated internal and external AP issues.
• Oversees and assist in the monthly closings, accruals, journal entry preparations, and account reconciliations
• Oversees preparation and/or reviews reports in support of internal and external audits. Works with internal and external audit as needed. Responsible for resolution of open items and root cause analysis with resolution. Ensures outside audits are compliant with contracts or regulations.
• Manages and leads UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and troubleshoot with system improvements and fixes
• Any Other Duties as Assigned.
• Knowledge/experience in all aspects of payables.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Strong negotiation skills balanced with strong customer service skills.
• Strong judgment and decision making capability.
• Strong ability to quickly identify problems and quickly take actions to address.
• Solid understanding of legal/compliance aspects of credit both domestic and international.
• Demonstrated experience in driving and managing change within an organization and multiple shifting priorities.
• Strong knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts, procedures and techniques.
• Solid leadership skills to include: setting objectives, monitoring performance and communicating feedback on a regular basis.
• Strong computer literacy, to include MS Office Suite but the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
• Strong process improvement experience.
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in finance or business preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of Accounts Payable and Accounting Experience
• Minimum of 4 years managing a team of 3+ AP employees.
• Hand on experience in Accounts Payable Processes
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong analytical, financial and systems skills are required.
• Experience working in global business
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Please note : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,500 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at our website. Follow us on LinkedIn
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online