Concert Operations Manager
Global Arts LiveCambridge, MA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Concert Operations Manager jobs in Cambridge-MA
CONCERT OPERATIONS MANAGER JOB OVERVIEW
Global Arts Live is currently seeking a Concert Operations Manager to manage all aspects of logistics, artist hospitality, and concert production support at multiple venues in greater Boston. You will also assist in box office, marketing, day-to-day IT management, and other office support and administrative duties. You will play a critical role in presenting extraordinarily diverse artists in many aspects of concert production, as well as logistics and support functions in nonprofit arts administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Concert Operations Representative
• Serve as primary liaison to advance and fulfill all concert-related requests and requirements while working within designated concert production budgets.
• Spearhead planning and execution of all concert events.
• Direct artists, artist representatives, venue staff, and outside contractors via proactive, thoughtful communication to ensure a successful performance and maintain strong relationships.
• Serve as the onsite Global Arts Live representative at venues among artists, agents, venue staff, etc.
• Manage staging, security, sound and lighting equipment, backline, insurance, transport, hotel, and backstage hospitality needs, and other duties.
• Secure program copy from artist management and oversee and/or implement design and printing of concert programs (physical and digital).
• Coordinate master class and other community engagement logistics when applicable.
• Maintain hospitality and office supplies inventory.
• Negotiate and solicit quotes from production vendors.
• Track production expenses and oversee financial reconciliation of performances, including invoice payment, petty cash reconciliations and reimbursements; produce financial settlements for artist management companies when applicable.
• Participate in maintaining and updating production-related documents and equipment inventory.
• Support cross-departmental projects that have artist and performance implications, including but not limited to, special events, and educational and audience engagement initiatives.
• Oversee, issue, and track department contracts and payments for agreements (venue rentals, artist and management contracts, independent contractors, and commissioning costs).
• Work with Director of Artistic Programs and finance department, and artists/management companies to ensure appropriate state and federal tax withholding.
Other Duties As Time Permits
• Under direction of Box Office Manager, assist in ticketing and database management.
• Under direction of Director of Marketing, acquire promotional assets from artists, create and deploy email campaigns, update community outreach database and local event calendars, and maintain website, among other tasks.
• Under direction of Business Manager, and liaising with external IT contractor, handle day-to-day office IT administration such as MS Office password setups and changes, network and printer troubleshooting.
To succeed in this position, you will possess these qualities, skills, and experience:
• Minimum two years of experience in concert operations required. Theater production experience and live performance production background preferred.
• Understanding of technical production including lighting, audio, video. Professional experience in at least one discipline is a plus.
• Detail-oriented self-starter who can efficiently handle multiple projects. simultaneously, excels in a fast-paced environment, and is willing to take on a variety of tasks, with impeccable follow-through.
• Ability to thoughtfully analyze situations, problem-solve, persevere despite unfamiliar territory and desire to always strive to exceed expectations.
• Proactive, strong communicator skills with ability to remain tactful and supportive in stressful situations and with proven ability to achieve results when working collaboratively with a wide range of people, cultures, and ideas.
• Regular M-F office hours (remote work permitted for 40% of week) plus evening and weekend hours during performance season (September - June).
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Driver's license required.
• Please keep in mind that research shows that traditional candidates apply for jobs for which they fulfill 60% of the criteria. Systematically marginalized people including women tend to apply only if they meet every requirement. If you believe you could excel in this position, we encourage you to apply.