Film Festival Volunteer Coordinator
Glendale ArtsGlendale, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/2/2023 7:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Search for Film Festival Volunteer Coordinator jobs in Glendale-CA
Search all Film Festival Volunteer Coordinator postings
Part Time Job
Glendale Arts is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator for the Glendale International Film Festival, taking place in person from September 28 - October 5, 2023 in Glendale, CA. Work will ne fulfilled in-person and remotely leading up to the festival and in person hours during the week of the event. This position is Part-Time and Seasonal with project ending October 13, 2023 or other pre-agreed upon date.
The Volunteer Coordinator, under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, will recruit, screen, train, schedule, and supervise the volunteer base, which serves everyone involved with the GIFF including filmmakers, audience members, staff, and board of directors. Position will require hands-on engagement.
A computer, driver's license, and vehicle or mode of transportation is required. Lifting and carrying may be required.
Responsibilities / Functions:
• Actively participate in recruitment campaign to build a diverse, active, and engaged group of volunteers.
• Be the organization's primary information contact for all volunteers.
• Create volunteer schedule - assign volunteer shifts to various departments: box office/ticketing, special events, guest services, etc.
• Coordinate and lead orientation/training.
• Collect volunteer information and enter into database.
• Serve as the main point of contact for volunteer check-in and their management during GIFF.
• Maintaining effective communication with all volunteers via email and/or phone.
• Manage Volunteer desk at Festival headquarters assigning tasks to volunteers and troubleshooting volunteer needs.
• Supervise volunteer shifts during the festival. Fill in, as needed.
• Collect volunteer information and enter into database
• Draft volunteer thank you letters.
• Provide post-festival report to staff.
• Complete staff survey, team debrief, and reconcile accounts (if needed).
QUALIFICATIONS / ABILITIES
• Excellent communication, decision-making, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Comfortable leading groups. Excellent interpersonal skills and position professional attitude.
• Detail-oriented; strong organizational abilities.
• Anticipate needs and take directions.
• Multitask and manage time efficiently.
• Think and act quickly under pressure. Ability to remain calm and resourceful in fast-paced environments
• At ease interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles. Able to work both collaboratively, independently and multi-task under deadline.
• Move and lift heavy equipment
• Comfortable with long hours during festival
• Experience working with in a live event setting, especially with volunteers, is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Google Apps (Docs, Spreadsheets, Forms, etc.)
Candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.