Master QC Operator
Giant InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Master QC Operator
Job Description: The Master Quality Control (QC) Operator is responsible for performing full technical evaluations of video and audio assets on archival level quality of master files used to create distribution deliverables, including advanced resolutions above 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR). The operator must be aware of issues that may be caused by changes in framerates, formats, codecs, color space, and other variables. The operator must also be able to identify video and audio anomalies that may not be technical issues, but missed in production (tape markers, cameraman reflections, etc.).
• The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of experience doing Master QC
• Knowledge of MTI Cortex, DaVinci Resolve Colorfront Transkoder, and Clipster
• 4K/UHD/HDR knowledge and experience
• Works well with others in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
• Ability to troubleshoot and adapt to any problems encountered
• Ability to catch pixel errors, framing errors, animation errors, audio errors, etc.
• Ability to legibly articulate issues in a QC report
• Ability to quantify the severity of an issue accurately and justify the rating
• Must document timecode and other technical specifications accurately
• Flexibility to work varied shifts
• Abide by security policies
• Requires studio location work. Remote is not available
Salary range $22 - $27 an hour paid time off and health insurance after the eligibility period Requires studio location work. Remote is not available
Giant Interactive, a digital services and technologies facility for the home video entertainment industry, is looking for a Master Quality Control Operator to work in our New York City studio. We service many of Hollywood's largest studios as well as smaller independent studios. Giant has serviced thousands of titles to VOD and broadcast platforms including Apple TV +, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Google Play.
Giant Interactive is an equal opportunity employer. Principals only. No phone calls. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online