Giant InteractiveNew York, NY
The dailies operator works in the technical and workflow dailies environment of a post production facility in a complex 24/7 environment. Organized, technically sound and credible, the Dailies Operator is flexible, responsive, and a team-oriented individual who is hands-on, a good problem solver, and exhibits a proactive and transparent style.
The Dailies Operator demonstrates an ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others.
Working in a fast-paced and busy dailies facility, the Dailies Operator is responsible for syncing, logging, rendering, QC, and delivery of various media for productions.
• Syncing camera masters with associated audio files
• Logging scene and takes accurately and consistently -
• Applying LUTs and CDLs according to Production notes and instructions
• Creating database files and accurate tape notes for all events in the session and building the notes package that will be sent to the client -
• Rendering and QC'ing editorial media -
• Rendering and QC'ing viewing media (ex. QT's and DVD's) -
• Uploading/transmission of all media created in the session as per project specific requirements -
• Related duties as assigned by the Dailies Supervisors
Experience and Education:
• Excellent customer service skills -
• Strong ability to work in a team environment -
• Competency with Mac OSX and Windows operating systems
• Competency with current software used in the film/TV industry - i.e. Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve, FCP, Adobe Premiere
• Ability to troubleshoot problems effectively -
• Demonstrated competence and understanding of video standards, file formats and - technical documents -
• Able to discern small details with eyes and ears -
• Ability to remain focused for extended periods of time on detail-oriented tasks -
• Previous experience working in dailies and experience using MTI Film Cortex software are definite advantages.
• Flexibility to different shifts may be required -
This is a term position requiring rotating shift work including night and graveyard shifts. Overtime may be required. -
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online