Giant InteractiveNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Dailies Operator jobs in New York-NY
Search all Dailies Operator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Dailies Operator? The dailies operator works in the technical and workflow dailies environment of a post production facility in a complex 24/7 environment. Organized, technically sound and credible, the Dailies Operator is flexible, responsive, and a team-oriented individual who is hands-on, a good problem solver, and exhibits a proactive and transparent style.
The Dailies Operator demonstrates an ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others.
Working in a fast-paced and busy dailies facility, the Dailies Operator is responsible for syncing, logging, rendering, QC, and delivery of various media for productions.
• Syncing camera masters with associated audio files
• Logging scene and takes accurately and consistently -
• Applying LUTs and CDLs according to Production notes and instructions
• Creating database files and accurate tape notes for all events in the session and building the notes package that will be sent to the client -
• Rendering and QC'ing editorial media -
• Rendering and QC'ing viewing media (ex. QT's and DVD's) -
• Uploading/transmission of all media created in the session as per project specific requirements -
• Related duties as assigned by the Dailies Supervisors
Experience and Education:
• Excellent customer service skills -
• Strong ability to work in a team environment -
• Competency with Mac OSX and Windows operating systems
• Competency with current software used in the film/TV industry - i.e. Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve, FCP, Adobe Premiere
• Ability to troubleshoot problems effectively -
• Demonstrated competence and understanding of video standards, file formats and - technical documents -
• Able to discern small details with eyes and ears -
• Ability to remain focused for extended periods of time on detail-oriented tasks -
• Previous experience working in dailies and experience using MTI Film Cortex software are definite advantages.
• Flexibility to different shifts may be required -
This is a term position requiring rotating shift work including night and graveyard shifts. Overtime may be required. -