Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, LLCCentury City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Tour Accountant jobs in Century City-CA
Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a top entertainment business management firm, is seeking a Tour Accountant to join our team of dedicated professionals. This hybrid position can be based out of Century City (CA), Encino (CA), Nashville (TN), White Plains (New York) or New York City.
Overview of Role: The primary responsibility of this role is to provide on-site financial accounting and cash management to various tours and shows. During the off-season, the role may assist with accounting and tax work.
• Perform nightly show settlements for each performance, and distributing show settlement reports to management, agents, and other key personnel
• Manage cash, distribute weekly per diems, giving out floats (petty cash), and preparing cash activity reports on a timely basis
• Settle the hotel folios for the artist, band, and crew, and provide detailed hotel summaries
• Monitor and tabulate tour merchandising settlements for each show from settlements provided by merchandise company
• Prepare detailed set lists of the songs performed each night, and the submission of set lists to the performing rights societies for foreign tours
• Acting as a liaison between the road and the office, assisting in payroll issues, vendor contracts, tax compliance, and the business management aspect of the tour
• Provide support in the areas of state tax reductions and waivers, submitting budgets and relevant paperwork for the various state agencies
• Assist or provide working budgets for the tour as requested
• Identify and assist with foreign tax withholding issues, VAT, GST, and social security forms for certain countries
• Review show settlements, contracts, and other tour-related issues and documents as requested
• Other projects and duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Ability to manage own schedule and work with little to no supervision
• Advanced knowledge of worldwide tour accounting practices
• Comfortable with constant travel
• CPA is a plus
This is an exempt position. Employee compensation is determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to, employee education/training/credentials, employee work experience, work location (including if the employee will be remote, hybrid, or fully in-office), the scope and responsibilities of the role, internal peer equity, and market considerations.
Candidate information, including education and work experience, is verified upon an offer of employment. Falsification of application information may be grounds for denying employment.