Tax and Business Manager
Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, LLCCentury City, CA
Full Time Job
Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a top entertainment business management firm, is seeking a Tax and Business Manager to join our team of dedicated professionals. This hybrid position can be based out of Century City (CA) or Encino (CA).
Overview of Role: The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee client service work in the areas of business management and taxation.
- Preparation and review of complex, multi-state tax returns (individual, S corporation, C corporation, partnership, estate and trusts)
- Stay abreast of changing state and federal laws, policies, economic/political climate which may affect clients' finances
- Supervise and review staff accountant's preparation of moderately complex tax returns
- Conduct tax research and multi-jurisdictional planning
- Act as a coach and trainer to develop staff members into efficient and effective client team members, and address performance issues and concerns as needed
- Assist partners in identifying and onboarding prospective clients
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and taxation for high net-worth individuals
- Excellent communication skills (in person, on the phone, and via email)
- Sense of urgency and demonstrated ability to follow through
- Commitment to professionalism and accuracy
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting; Masters in taxation preferred
- Active CPA license highly preferred
- Experience with Datafaction/Agilink and GoSystem software is highly preferred
- Prior exposure to royalties, touring services, music publishing and record label administration is highly preferred
This is an exempt position. Employee compensation is determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to, employee education/training/credentials, employee work experience, work location (including if the employee will be remote, hybrid, or fully in-office), the scope and responsibilities of the role, internal peer equity, and market considerations. Applicants will be considered for the Manager and Senior Manager level. The expected base compensation hiring range for these positions is as follows:
- Manager: $3,461 to $5,577 bi-weekly
- Sr. Manager: $4,923 to $7,115 bi-weekly
Candidate information, including education and work experience, is verified upon an offer of employment. Falsification of application information may be grounds for denying employment.
$90,000.00 - 185,000.00 per year
We offer a diverse and employee-friendly environment with great work/life balance. Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness program, 401(k) with match, employee referral bonus program, a generous paid time off policy, and up to 12 paid holidays per year. Additional benefits are available to employees pursuing their CPA, including time off to study and sit for exams, employer-paid prep materials, and a CPA completion bonus. Employees may also be eligible for GRF's discretionary performance bonus and profit-sharing programs.
Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman (''GRF'') is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 600 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature, and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington, and London.
Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online