Senior Staff Tax Accountant
Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, LLCCentury City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/16/2024 4:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Staff Tax Accountant jobs in Century City-CA
Search all Senior Staff Tax Accountant postings
Full Time Job
About Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman (''GRF'') is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 600 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature, and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington, and London.
We are seeking a Senior Staff Tax Accountant with ideally Entertainment clientele experience to join our team of dedicated professionals.
Location: This position can be based out of Century City (CA) or Encino (CA).
Overview of Role: The primary responsibility of this role is the preparation of various reports in support of servicing clients, preparation of simple to moderately complex tax returns, as well as tax projections and tax research.
- Prepare individual, corporate (S corp and C corp), partnership, estate, trust, fiduciary, and exempt organization tax returns
- Review General Ledger and reports to assist in preparation of tax projections
- Perform tax research and planning, as needed, to solve client's tax issues
- Correspondence regarding tax notices, jurisdictional issues, and/or tax audits
- Prepare closeouts for loan-out corporations and analyzing payroll withholding requirements for federal and state
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports that may include net worth statements, cash flow schedules, meeting packages, budgets, investment analysis, tour reconciliations, etc.
- Assist with state, local, and international tax clearances for touring artists
- Assist client service team with other projects, as necessary
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 4+ years in preparation and/or review of individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Organization skills with attention to detail
- Capability to learn new systems and process information quickly
- Proficiency at Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and QuickBooks
- Familiarity with DataFaction is a plus
- Familiarity with GoSystem is a plus
- Undergraduate degree is required
- CPA is highly preferred
Candidate information, including education and work experience, is verified upon an offer of employment. Falsification of application information may be grounds for denying employment.
This is a non-exempt, overtime eligible position. Employee compensation is determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to, employee education/training/credentials, employee work experience, work location (including if the employee will be remote, hybrid, or fully in-office), the scope and responsibilities of the role, internal peer equity, and market considerations. Applicants will be considered for the Staff and Senior Staff level. The expected base compensation hiring range for these positions is as follows:
- Staff Accountant: $62,005 to $75,020 per year
- Sr. Staff Accountant: $72,010 to $95,025 per year