Senior Film & TV Royalty Analyst-Auditor
Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, LLCCentury City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Film & TV Royalty Analyst-Auditor jobs in Century City-CA
Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a top entertainment business management firm, is seeking a Senior Film & TV Royalty Analyst to join our team of dedicated professionals. This hybrid position can be based out of Century City (CA) or Encino (CA).
Overview of Role: The primary responsibility of this role is to assist the department in conducting compliance examinations on behalf of our entertainment clients and other rights holders.
- Review, interpret, and analyze various memos, contracts, and abstracts relating to Feature Film and Television properties to ensure appropriate calculation and reporting of obligations
- Assist with the training of Analysts and review work
- Assist with planning audit steps and budgeting for anticipated audit engagements
- Liaise with studio representatives regarding document requests and review
- Prepare written report of findings including calculations of proposed adjustments and narrative describing procedures performed
- Stay abreast of topics impacting participations, such as new exploitation platforms, international distribution, or new guild agreements
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role conducting film and television royalty audits
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including Pivot Tables and formulas (such as VLOOKUP and SUMIF) - bonus points for experience with Power Pivot and Power Query
- A genuine interest in the film and television business and film and television royalties
- The candidate must also:
- Be a self-motivated and detail-oriented analytical thinker
- Possess excellent verbal/written communication skills and reading comprehension
- Understand basic mathematical and accounting principles
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Be eager to learn new skills and concepts
- Want to help creative artists
This is a non-exempt, overtime eligible position. Employee compensation is determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to, employee education/training/credentials, employee work experience, work location (including if the employee will be remote, hybrid, or fully in-office), the scope and responsibilities of the role, internal peer equity, and market considerations. Applicants will be considered for the Analyst and Senior Analyst level.
Candidate information, including education and work experience, is verified upon an offer of employment. Falsification of application information may be grounds for denying employment.